Xbox 360 - anyone got one?

Started by deiseach, September 25, 2007, 09:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I'm in the same boat as deiseach but a question or two...

Go through quidco to great universal.

Who are what are quidco and great universal?? Is quidco an online bank?? could someone explain that one?

Gnevin

Quote from: David McKeown on October 10, 2007, 07:14:51 PM
Ive had some bad experiences with mine recently.  I have a problem where games will often fail after about an hour with a an error message saying disc can not be read.  I also have problems when i try to connect the hd dvd drive.  The machine either wont start or crashes . I have connected the hd dvd drive to other 360's and my pc with no problems,  Microsoft acknowledge that i have problems but refuse to fix them as I do not have the three red lights.

As far as the elite goes id only be after it for the hdmi port but then again i wouldnt play the 360 without a good tv and sound system.  I just think its a waste
Put its in the hot press and leave it turned on, you'll soon have your red ring of death of MS
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Seany

Which is better?  PS3, or X Box?

DirtyDozen12

Think im going to treat myself this Christmas to a new computer games console.  I had the PS 1 & PS 2 but i dont know whether to go for the PS 3 or the X-box 360.  The price ofthe X-box 360 & games for it look attractive.  I was in a shop the other day and the PS3 does not seem to have many good games yet - maybe im wrong.

Any suggestions which one you think i should go for would be appreciated.  Also, i seen different types of X-boxes ie. Elite, what is the difference?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Tankie

Both machines are pretty much the same except that the PS3 has the blue ray. If you do not want blue ray then buy the 360, if you wany blue ray buy the PS3.

the 360 elite is black and has a 120gb hard drive where as the premium on has 20gb - all you need is 20gb unless you plan on down loadsing games. also with the xbox you can connect to your PC and stream movies from that so 20gb is big enough for that. do not buy the core system as you will then need to buy memory seperatly.

there are more games out for the xbox but i'm sure PS3 will have caught up soon so wouldnt worry about that. playing live tho may be an issue as alot more people have the 360 than the PS3 at the mo so if you are into planying online you might want to see what you mates have, but there are more people on xbox live that PS3 live, but again that may change in the futher.

Personnally i would recommend the 360 for three main reasons:
1. it hooks up to you PC with no issue
2. The Price as you aint paying for blue ray that you may not need
3. Xbox live is so user friendly
Grand Slam Saturday!

DirtyDozen12

Brilliant, thanks Tankie, i am ever swaying more and more to the X Box now.  Also, thanks for the tips on Core & Elite systems etc...most helpful.  What good games are there for the X-Box?  was a pro-evo fan on the PS2 so i will probably get that but any others?

Also as i can really be bothered researching, can you give me a quick defination of blue ray?  Is it just solely for DVD's??
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

The Real Laoislad

PS3 is a far more powerfull machine than Xbox,While the games aren't coming out at a fast rate just yet the capabilties of the PS3 are much more than the Xbox so expect far better games for the PS3 in the months to come plus i expect Blu-ray to win the battle against HD-DVD
Each to their own i suppose but i won't be buying anything only the PS3
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

My gf is getting me one for xmas. So I picked the Xbix premium pack out of Xtravision, quite good value. 299.99 of our northern money for a  package which was:

Premium with headset, and cables an all thats shit you did not get originally with the Xbox premium
Halo 3
Forza - i think the most latest one
Project gotham, racing 3 - not 4
Vivba pinata - some shit i'll never play but was part of deal
Medla of honour airborne

Not bad for under 300. Can't wait to play PE08 online. This video worries me though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0PTKlSF6Dw

Tankie

Call of Duty 4 is also a savage game but i think you have enough there to get you through Christmas!

On the HD v Blue Ray war i don't see either winning but I see blue ray losing as people are moving towards digital downloads now. the day of the disk is gone and that is why blue ray will fail because so much money has been invested in something that is not needed.

But it really is a personnal choice so i wouldnt be too worried about it.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Uladh

Is FM08 available for xbox and am i right in thinking this is superior to cm08?

Gnevin

Got halo 3 for Christmas , Am flying through it any one else have this game ?

No spoilers please
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

DickyRock

Finished halo 3. Thought it was ok, but traded in for Call of Duty 4. COD is a class game espically the online play  - right up there with rainbow 6 vegas.