Author Topic: TG4 - Club Championships Coverage  (Read 273335 times)

redzone

• View Profile
Re: TG4 - Club Championships Coverage
« Reply #1530 on: October 27, 2019, 08:34:12 PM »
Any chance the donegal final will be on Wed night. Hopefully it's on somewhere

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 28, 2019, 11:34:15 AM »

Why did this replay not go to penalties after extra time?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 28, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »

Why did this replay not go to penalties after extra time?

Was listening to it on Radio 1 yesterday - ref started to shake hands with players straightway after the whistle.

I thought it'd go straight to pens. Draw, draw in reply and then extra-time.  Would next step not have been penalties?

Seems to be different rules in different counties.

Antrim Coaster

• View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 28, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »
Both clubs agreed not to go to penalties.

That was from Martin McHugh who was doing the match commentary for the first time on Highland Radio with Brendan Kilcoyne.

Jaysus, he was near for bouncing out of his commentary position such was his enthusiasm. Enjoyed his commentary though.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 28, 2019, 03:07:01 PM »

That was from Martin McHugh who was doing the match commentary for the first time on Highland Radio with Brendan Kilcoyne.

Jaysus, he was near for bouncing out of his commentary position such was his enthusiasm. Enjoyed his commentary though.

But is penalties not the rules? Or do clubs just decide themselves?  GAA needs to be stricter on this re; Antrim semi-final.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 28, 2019, 03:41:00 PM »

But is penalties not the rules? Or do clubs just decide themselves?  GAA needs to be stricter on this re; Antrim semi-final.

Exactly my point!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 28, 2019, 04:04:12 PM »
I didn't think there was a hard and fast rule on this.  Look at the state of the free kick competitions last year sure.

westbound

• View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 28, 2019, 07:46:50 PM »
I think it's up to each county board (or provincial council for provincial games) to decide how games are finished.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 28, 2019, 07:54:06 PM »
I think it's up to each county board (or provincial council for provincial games) to decide how games are finished.

You'd think Donegal Board would have said, if another draw, we'll have extra-time.  If still a draw, we'll have penalties.

Donegal Board should say as winners are out in a week, the repaly needs to be finished on the day as to give 'their' champions a decent chance against the Cavan champions.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 28, 2019, 08:05:03 PM »
Is a penalty shoot out a fair way to find a county winner? i think not.

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 28, 2019, 08:27:52 PM »

You'd think Donegal Board would have said, if another draw, we'll have extra-time.  If still a draw, we'll have penalties.

Donegal Board should say as winners are out in a week, the repaly needs to be finished on the day as to give 'their' champions a decent chance against the Cavan champions.
Both clubs didnt want it decided on a free kick shoot out. Do u think the county board should have over ruled them

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 28, 2019, 08:46:02 PM »

Both clubs didnt want it decided on a free kick shoot out. Do u think the county board should have over ruled them

Yeah, after extra-time in a replay.  Now both teams have to play again Wed night - then the winners are out again 4 days later in Ulster Club.

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 28, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »
Why does TG4 keep flashing the message "Ta ait dúinn uilig ann" every few seconds during periods of live play? I find it extremely distracting and annoying, to put it mildly, and apart from that, it makes no sense whatever.
Anyone know what the reason  for this is?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 28, 2019, 09:02:26 PM »

Yeah, after extra-time in a replay.  Now both teams have to play again Wed night - then the winners are out again 4 days later in Ulster Club.
Both clubs are happy with that scenario, and you still would have the county board over rule them. Why not let the players decide.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 28, 2019, 09:19:16 PM »

Both clubs are happy with that scenario, and you still would have the county board over rule them. Why not let the players decide.

Why do we not just make up the rules as we go along so?

For example, a game is 30mins each way - sure if both teams are happy, they can play 45mins a half.