Author Topic: TG4 - Club Championships Coverage  (Read 199576 times)

Main Street

• View Profile
Re: TG4 - Club Championships Coverage
« Reply #1440 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »
Lets see if they manage to make a hames of this.

Assume TG4 have lost the rights or will they keep some games?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0109/1022296-rte-to-show-live-allianz-league-and-club-championships/
All explained in the link you posted above.

"RTÉ's live club championship matches will consist of two matches each weekend, from September through November. Running alongside TG4's existing coverage, RTÉ will select their own two matches separate from the Irish language broadcaster's choices."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0109/1022296-rte-to-show-live-allianz-league-and-club-championships/

No, TG4 not effected, it looks like it's a reallocation of the Eir rights which doesn't involve games on a Sunday.

I hope the TG4 coverage will not be affected, is there any definite news about that?

So far this is what has come out of the GAA's sealed lips.
https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-eir-sport-rte-announce-new-broadcast-agreement/
"eir sport will broadcast at least two games each weekend from January 26th this season, with a full list of these fixtures to be announced next week"

One of those games will be a saturday game.

"eir sport will continue to be the home of Saturday Allianz League games under lights"

See above post
I read a reference to TG4's club coverage continuing, not the NFl games.
RTE are selecting 2 club games from the TG4 rota.
"RTÉ's live club championship matches will consist of two matches each weekend, from September through November. Running alongside TG4's existing coverage, RTÉ will select their own two matches separate from the Irish language broadcaster's choices."

RTE's 4 NFL games are selected from Eir sports Friday night  schedule.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 11, 2019, 01:19:52 PM »
With the extra coverage it would be great if we got some Division 2 games. Some tasty fixtures in that Division. And some Division 3 and Division 4 games when those divisions are getting to the business end.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 11, 2019, 01:33:17 PM »
With the extra coverage it would be great if we got some Division 2 games. Some tasty fixtures in that Division. And some Division 3 and Division 4 games when those divisions are getting to the business end.

Appreciated FtB

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 11, 2019, 04:32:05 PM »

No, TG4 not effected, it looks like it's a reallocation of the Eir rights which doesn't involve games on a Sunday.

I hope the TG4 coverage will not be affected, is there any definite news about that?

"eir sport will broadcast at least two games each weekend from January 26th this season, with a full list of these fixtures to be announced next week"

"eir sport will continue to be the home of Saturday Allianz League games under lights"

See above post

Ah ok, you didn't specify that to be fair.
It seems like RTÉ have 2 separate club games from TG4 from what I can gather.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 11, 2019, 04:39:33 PM »

See above post

Ah ok, you didn't specify that to be fair.
It seems like RTÉ have 2 separate club games from TG4 from what I can gather.
I didn't have to specify that as
I thought was replying to post which was referring to the question of continued coverage of the NFL games by TG4,
 then you butted in :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:42:05 PM by Main Street »

drici

• View Profile
Dia Domhnaigh 20 - 01 - 2019
« Reply #1445 on: January 13, 2019, 03:44:11 PM »
An Spidéal v Saint Endas  beo
2-00pm

spuds

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: Today at 02:40:13 PM »
HALFTIME

Endas 3-4
An Spidéal 0-7

Glengormley were 9 or 10 up with Galway bucks getting last 3/4 points before halftime. Last free in front of posts retaken luckily enough for An Spidéal as Endas defender too close to Cormac Ó Laoi the free taker as he barely hit first man.

Galway team have recovered from 8 points down v Belmullet and have had similar comebacks in Galway championship. Endas look the superior and more physical team. Endas scored a goal from An Spidéal keeper losing possession out the field and was hit from 35/40 meters into an empty net.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
 John Hubbard

spuds

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: Today at 02:54:16 PM »
40 mins gone. Endas have hit upright and crossbar in matter of seconds apart, end up a fisted point. An Spidéal in serious bother, no Finnian Ó Laoi yet, a sub as suffering with a back complaint. His brother Antoine being well watched.
 John Hubbard

GalwayBayBoy

• No show like a Joe show!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: Today at 03:14:06 PM »
An Spideal are an unusually small side. I thought it would catch up with them at some point but they got away with some close calls a few times. Naomh Eanna just been too physically big and athletic for them even though they look a young enough bunch themselves.

spuds

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: Today at 04:38:50 PM »
Endas a fine side, seemed to have more time on the ball and stronger in the tackle. Probably better footballers also. Were Belmullet favourites for all Ireland after beating Burrishoole in Mayo final?
 John Hubbard

galwayman

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: Today at 04:55:35 PM »
Endas a fine side, seemed to have more time on the ball and stronger in the tackle. Probably better footballers also. Were Belmullet favourites for all Ireland after beating Burrishoole in Mayo final?
I would doubt it.
The Kerry champs are generally favoured in the junior and intermediate grades at AI level.