Univeristy season 2007/08

Started by SuperHans, September 21, 2007, 03:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Whats the story with Tally leaving the Ranch is it just a time factor with him being invovled in Down now?

Who has taken over the reins in the Ranch now then?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on November 12, 2008, 11:01:29 AM

Poly playing DIT in dublin this afternoon (1.00pm) and Queens playing DCU in Armagh this evening (7.30pm).

Two very evenly matched quarter finals.

P.S. - Superhans. if you could spell "university" correctly in the title of this thread it'd make it a lot easier to seach for!

Superhans doesn't play by convential rules!

Quote from: NAG on November 12, 2008, 11:29:50 AM
Whats the story with Tally leaving the Ranch is it just a time factor with him being invovled in Down now?

Who has taken over the reins in the Ranch now then?

He's back with them now. Just lost the head after the Belfast Met match it seems.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Superhans is feeling a bit moorish - leave him alone.

ExiledGael

UUJ beat DIT 1-7 to 0-7 today. Mark Vaughan and Damien McCaul taken off injured for respective sides.
McCaul's apparently a very serious leg injury which held up the game for quite a while.

Our Nail Loney

ExiledGael

orangeman

Our Nail Loney

Ah right cheers lads, maybe corn will be there...

tyrone86

TacadoirArdMhacha

Finished 2-12 to 0-9 to DCU (might be out a point or two).

DCU fully deserved their victory, looked a lot sharper than Queens. DCU led for most of the game and could have been out of sight at half time had they not spurned 3 good goal chances (2 of which resulted ine xcellent saves from the QUB goalie).

The goals came in the last 10/15 minutes - the first from a debatable enough penalty and the second in stoppage time after an excellent DCU movement.

DCu looked a class above Queens to be honest. They played some excellent football at times and have a very useful forward line.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Whacker

Poor game last night in what at half time looked quite promising. 

DCU virtually controlled the tempo of the game from start to finish and won the midfield battle quite easily last night which resulted in good quick ball going into their forwards who didn't waste any of it.   Thought Dillon and Croizer tried hard in the Queens defence and the only one of note really in the forwards for me was Shaun O'Neill.  Fought tirelessly for every ball that came his way and hit a couple of cracking scores.  At half time at 7-4 to DCU it looked as if Queens could still get back in it.  But a couple of frees and a dodgy penalty (Paudie Hughes giving a dodgy penalty, I know it nearly shocked me too! ::)) saw DCU virtually seal the game in the first 10-12 minutes of second half.  Poor game but nobody should be getting carried away with DCU just yet!

What course is Mortimor doing by the way?  He seems to be there a lifetime!

Any word of Damien McCaul's injury from UUJ? By the account in the IN it seemed nasty.

orangeman

Anyone got last night's DCU line up please ?

Glensman

Do Queens have a website where the reports/teams go up?

Cheers

bennydorano

A comprehensive humping.  Watching Queens last year they were fond of  the long diagonal ball into 2 speedy forwards (Comiskey & some other lad- not O'Neill), they tried the same ad nauseum last night and got nowhere.  Courtney must have hit 90% of the Queen's frees straight to the opposition yet still insisted on taking them.  Not great around MF, the HF backs and HF's were shocking.

I thought they were missing a load, but looking at the team in the Irish News, they didn't seem to be that many down?? What's the story with Comiskey?

Malone Aristocrat

As bennydorano says, a comprehensive humping for Queens. they were very poor and there was little bite in the game, which was the very least i expected.
DCU had quality on the ball all over the pitch and outfought and out muscled the queens men in every sector.

disappointing to hear about damien McCaul's injury in dublin, which marred a great win down there for the poly.
best wishes damien.