The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 15, 2011, 02:52:19 PM
I ordered Summerslam last night. Actually thought it was a very good PPV.

The bonus 6 man tag at the start was fast and energetic and I actually thought that Henry/Sheamus and Bryan/Barrett were two above average matchups.

Orton/Christian was brilliant with some great spots. Christian took some great bumps too. Punk/Cena delivered yet again with the whole Nash/Del Rio end segment making for interesting viewing over the next few weeks.
Orton/Christian was the match of the night not sure about giving Orton another title though? Will be interesting to see how long Del Rio will have the belt for can't imagine Nash will be wrestling much as he can barely walk these days.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

First ever Irish Royal Rumble winner, well done fella.

DownFanatic

Good to see a bit of Irish talent get a push and the winners slot at the Rumble. Id say he will go on to fight for the Smackdown World title at Mania.

Ive been following the WWE since the early 90's. This current period it is going through is shite. Has been for the past few years IMO. Reminds me a lot of the 1995 - 1997 period. Total lack of star power. Only Orton, Punk, Cena and Jericho keeping the ship afloat now.

It needs a edgier product. Something like the Attitude era or the Invasion angle.

Santino

Delighted for Sheamus but one of poorest 30 man Rumbles in recent memory, particulary first half hr.
Hope they still have big plans for Jericho though.

ross4life

Yeah poor enough PPV/Rumble & the direction of WWE has gone done the pan in recent years. With HHH taking over from Vince it will probably only get worse.

Saying all that the Mania card could have a decent look to it?

Sheamus v Daniel Bryan
CM Punk v Jericho
Orton winning money in the bank
HHH v Taker
Beth Phoenix v Kharma
Cena v The Rock

Santino

Best Raw in many months to followup a half-assed Rumble. Quality match between Punk and Bryan which will hopefully lead to a long feud later in the year. Reminded me of the Angle-Benoit classics. Hope Bryan gets to keep the title til Mania with the roll he's on.

Gabriel_Hurl

DownFanatic

Yeah, I'll be watching. Buying it for two reasons namely Rock/Cena and HHH/Undertaker. The rest of the card will be pretty forgetable.

Ive a feeling Rock/Cena will be a classic and the HHH/Taker match should be brilliant too.

Dont Matter

Aren't the fights decided in the writers room? How do people enjoy watching this? Genuine question.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

DownFanatic

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 01, 2012, 06:12:27 PM
Aren't the fights decided in the writers room? How do people enjoy watching this? Genuine question.

All match outcomes are pre-determined. The whole thing is scripted. I suppose its a bit like watching the soaps.

What keeps me glued to it are the calibre of matches some those boys can put on. Some of those wrestlers can go half an hour in the ring with each other, putting their bodies through immense pain simply for the enjoyment of the viewer.

Dont Matter

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 01, 2012, 06:16:09 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on April 01, 2012, 06:12:27 PM

All match outcomes are pre-determined. The whole thing is scripted. I suppose its a bit like watching the soaps.

What keeps me glued to it are the calibre of matches some those boys can put on. Some of those wrestlers can go half an hour in the ring with each other, putting their bodies through immense pain simply for the enjoyment of the viewer.

Ok but they don't really hit eachother do they? How is there immense pain? I suppose I can understand the soap analogy.
Peter Quinn

Gabriel_Hurl

They do hit each other though

Dont Matter

Really? Are they not just pretending and the floor and everything is soft?
Peter Quinn

Gabriel_Hurl

You are totally right - my mistake