As ye get older

Started by hoopsaaa, September 19, 2007, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoopsaaa

When i was 30 i felt hip, cool, fit and slim.
Now ten years later i feel more likea plump Victor Meldrew ??? Anyone else developing these sorts of symptoms?

ziggysego

No, I'm still a young nip of a lad.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

QuoteNow ten years later i feel more likea plump Victor Meldrew  Anyone else developing these sorts of symptoms?

Nah, not yet.  Thank God! Would hate to think I'd turn into victor meldrew type.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

hoopsaaa

OK - i can see the workout helping the plump bit BUT Victor felt like Victor at 65+. What the F:::::K will i feel like then. That coke ad is my only hope - you know the one i mean. When i am 65 life will begin again. Need the addresses of all female twins in Ulster - in about 25 years time. Make a mental note.

Puckoon

Quote from: hoopsaaa on September 19, 2007, 10:12:10 PM
When i was 30 i felt hip, cool, fit and slim.
Now ten years later i feel more likea plump Victor Meldrew ??? Anyone else developing these sorts of symptoms?

Somedays I just feel like Im getting older. i guess its all comparative to how you felt the previous year, two years, three years. Im beginning to notice longer recovery times for little knocks and bumps. But you have knocked it out of me hoopsaaa - Ive realised now that Im quite young and only a slip of a lad yet... comparatively.... Plump Victor Meldrew.

DrinkingHarp

in 6 months 40   :-\

it now takes 2 days to get over a hangover, at 30  4 hours
my back feels like i had a tank run over it, at 30 what back pain
it now takes 3 seconds to get off the sofa, at 30 less then a second
at 30 jet black hair, now its like i walked in a room with freshly painted white ceilings that dripped on me

At 30 230lbs now 250lbs  at 6'3"
just joined the gym so my birthday goal is 220lbs

life actually seems better at this age - more content, although the days gone bye have great memories only fit for confession :o.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Hurler on the Bitch

It's true what they say - i.e. the older you get the more you get like your Da!! For example - Last week I was clearing out the shed and saw a small bit of wood and the first thing I thought was "Christ! Now I must hang on to that as it would be useful to stir tins of paint with" - that's something that my Da would have done!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 20, 2007, 09:24:32 AM
It's true what they say - i.e. the older you get the more you get like your Da!! For example - Last week I was clearing out the shed and saw a small bit of wood and the first thing I thought was "Christ! Now I must hang on to that as it would be useful to stir tins of paint with" - that's something that my Da would have done!

Peter kay no doubt

ziggysego

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 20, 2007, 09:46:24 AM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 20, 2007, 09:24:32 AM

Peter kay no doubt

I thought it was Jack Dee ;)
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 20, 2007, 11:10:39 AM
My missus likes my little belly (only its not so little anymore).

She is only telling you that 5ive Times
Lose the belly & I bet she will like it as well ;)

the Deel Rover

what kills me are the hangovers when i was younger i could drink for ireland now if i have 6 or 7 pints i'm sick as a dog the following day , i suppose its because i don't drink that often but it really takes the enjoyment out of having a few pints. Besides that i don't feel much different than i did when i was 20 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

full back

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 20, 2007, 11:18:00 AM
The older you get, the harder it is to lose it. The motivation is gone. I know I have to lose it but I just cant be arsed.
I`ll start in January, no point now, not with my birthday and Christmas coming up  ;)

:D
Course you will 5ive times
If you ever go to Newry Sports Centre - from January to March you cant get a parking space in it in the evening, from then on all these new regimes go out the window & people start planning for the following January!!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 20, 2007, 11:56:20 AM
All Gyms are the same at that time of year, people are full of good intentions, but they normally dont last.
In all seriousness, what is the best way to go about it. I am totally unmotivated at the minute, but I know I have to do something. I am a walking advert for a heart attack and if I dont do something sooner rather than later, I will be typing my next post from the Coronary Ward in Daisy Hill.

I find the best time to go to the gym is in the mornings 5ivetimes you feel great when its done and i find it a great stress release. Talk to the instructor and they will do a programme for you some cardio and weights once you get in to a routine it gets easier
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

full back

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 20, 2007, 11:56:20 AM
All Gyms are the same at that time of year, people are full of good intentions, but they normally dont last.
In all seriousness, what is the best way to go about it. I am totally unmotivated at the minute, but I know I have to do something. I am a walking advert for a heart attack and if I dont do something sooner rather than later, I will be typing my next post from the Coronary Ward in Daisy Hill.

Rather than go to the gym, why dont you try a sport you enjoy to get back into things.
5 a side, swimming, cycling - something like that will give you a start & you should be looking forward to doing it

From the Bunker

I suppose the changes are

......you don't make new friends (most are old telephone friends, who you have no time to meet).

......you are more synical about issues (Tax, getting work, relationships).

......Knocks and injuries last longer and hurt more.

......You care less about fashion (you still like to look good, like decent music, but the media influence has weakened)

.....You Care Less about Cross channel football teams.

......You become closer to your family and your Parents become friends and people who depend on you for minor jobs.

......You find you have less time to do the things you really want to do.

......You find it harder to be innovative as you have a better view of the pitfalls

......You find it harder (the want) to keep up with technology

......You can take slaggings better

.....you learn to live with being Bald, grey and getting wrincles