As ye get older

Started by hoopsaaa, September 19, 2007, 10:12:10 PM

Treasurer

Quote from: ziggysego on September 23, 2007, 11:48:05 AM
Your parents shouldn't be watching mucky television Pint.

Well is that not what the parental control buttons are for?

I only realised how old I actually am at the weekend when I was looking at the Down Memory Lane section of the local rag and there I was in a picture of (and I quote) "a team from yesteryear". And it was an adult team too.

Twas my birthday yesterday (I wont say how many) and by coincidence I played what was quite possibly my last game of football. Apart from the fact that I'm walking like John Wayne today, I realised that about twenty five of the lads on the pitch yesterday weren't born when I played my first senior game.

stpauls

speaking of that passedit, how was the head this morning?

the finest.

a younger less wise me wouda drunk all that whiskey and be completely fcuked today.

Treasurer

Quote from: passedit on September 24, 2007, 03:26:58 PM
Twas my birthday yesterday (I wont say how many) and by coincidence I played what was quite possibly my last game of football. Apart from the fact that I'm walking like John Wayne today, I realised that about twenty five of the lads on the pitch yesterday weren't born when I played my first senior game.

Belated Happy Birthday!  Is this your first retirement?  If so, I wouldn't write you off just yet. :)

stpauls

i know what you mean, i only wish we had left at the same time as you!! wasn't the best this morning, but was worth it!!
oh, and i got a phone call today with an explanation about yesterday's decision!!

Thanks but the numbers i'm talkin about here dont fit with happy.

Treasurer, I did say 'quite possibly', it's a long time til next april but given how i've 'wintered' this last few years I'd say its a good bet.

St Pauls, thats fair enough, I take it it was a late one?

stpauls

Brian was having to throw us out of the place, me spice and shane were the last ones in the bar!!

Anyone else acquire a taste for Ready Salted crisps as time catches up with them?
Used to fecking hate them, but seem to be accepting them as a decent pasket of crisps now!

Speaking of old age etc....

I can't remember where or when I heard it (must be my age ;)) but I heard someone asking this oul fella from Dublin how he was....he says, "Any day I swing me legs out of bed and me bollix follow them is a good day".  :D

downredblack

The songs you like are no longer cool.

The first page you go to in the Irish News is the Death Notices. If ye're not in it ye've another day.