Daddy Dick....................The saga continues.

Started by stew, September 19, 2007, 05:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Stephen Ireland looks sure to be in Manchester City's squad for Saturday's trip to Fulham despite posting a bizarre message on the internet questioning his desire to play football.

City officials are paying little attention to a statement by Ireland on the Bebo social networking website under the name 'Daddy Dick', in which he claimed 'football is s***' and asked 'why did I get stuck doin(g) it'.

Coming so soon after he was branded 'stupid' by his manager Sven-Goran Eriksson over erroneous claims that first one, then the other of his grandmothers had died, as he attempted to remove himself from Republic of Ireland duty last week when, in fact, his girlfriend has suffered a miscarriage, the latest statement has raised more concerns about Ireland.

It has been reported Ireland has been advised to seek psychological advice by Eriksson. But senior figures within the Blues hierarchy have stressed this is not the same type of counselling Joey Barton was forced to undergo during his time with the Eastlands outfit.

Indeed, Ireland has been at City's Carrington training complex all week and, after sitting out Sunday's win over Aston Villa, is expected to earn a recall to Eriksson's squad at Craven Cottage.

Stephen Ireland, or 'Father Richard' as he likes to be known on the web is once again steeped in controversy, the poor lad needs a break from football and hopefully can sort himself out before he goes completely off the rails. Stephen get help my good man.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

QuoteCity officials are paying little attention to a statement by Ireland on the Bebo social networking website under the name 'Daddy Dick', in which he claimed 'football is s***' and asked 'why did I get stuck doin(g) it'.
It must be tough  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

red hander

Ah God love him, it must be terrible being a Premiership footballer.  The lies he told were pathetic, but sure any guy who was going seriously bald two years ago and now walks about with that thatch on his bonce has obviously got some difficulty dealing with reality and small matters like the truth.

Saying that, he's a decent player and I'm very sorry about his girlfriend's misscarriage.  If he's genuinely contrite then he should be given another chance

pintsofguinness

Can anyone remember if he was one of the ones Kerr criticised for not wanting to go see sick children etc?

Our Nail Loney

Its clear for all to see he is being sarcastic and having a laugh saying those things about football and I don't see why he is getting such a hard time. I know he lied about his granny but his girlfriend had a miscarriage, would be traumatic for anyone.

ExiledGael

This is just wierd, is the man losing the plot after his loss or has he always had a few question marks regardling his mentality?

Our Nail Loney

I don't see it as weird he's just a young fella having a laugh on his bebo! Have you ever seen the shit some people write on their bebo's?? Including gaa players saying how much they hate gaelic and drink bans etc, should we chastise each and every one of them for it? It'd take a while

ExiledGael

Maybe so, I've never seen Bebo as a rule so don't know what it's like. Do many players of both soccer and football have pages?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on September 19, 2007, 06:09:25 PM
I don't see it as weird he's just a young fella having a laugh on his bebo! Have you ever seen the shit some people write on their bebo's?? Including gaa players saying how much they hate gaelic and drink bans etc, should we chastise each and every one of them for it? It'd take a while

no, show us.

red hander

'Can anyone remember if he was one of the ones Kerr criticised for not wanting to go see sick children etc?'

Dunno, but Richard Dunne was definitely one of them, and he went down in my estimation when I heard it

Our Nail Loney

Don't think many soccer players have them as they'd be too high profile but a lot of inter county gaelic players have them

pintsofguinness

And which ones have said they hate the gaa or playing football/hurling?

pintsofguinness

Quotedon't see it as weird he's just a young fella having a laugh on his bebo! Have you ever seen the shit some people write on their bebo's?? Including gaa players saying how much they hate gaelic and drink bans etc, should we chastise each and every one of them for it? It'd take a while

You're the one that's making claims you can't back up.

Our Nail Loney

Why would I post their names up here for you bunch of old sad c***ts (just pog, noone else really) to bad mouth, I am just saying its widespread.

And I am not saying either that these ones really do hate gaelic they just say it messing about.