Gooch
37 (38.5%)
Canavan
59 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: September 22, 2007, 03:44:46 PM

Louth Exile

Quote from: ziggysego on September 17, 2007, 04:12:04 PM
I personally feel that Tyrone is more at a lost from Brian McGuigan that Peter Canavan.

I'd agree with that
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Tyrone Dreamer

For God sake lads Canavan was a legend and the greatest of his generation but he's 37 now, there's no way Id pick him over Gooch who's gpt many years to come. Seriously though it has to be Canavan for me. Even look at the 2005 final when a 35 year old Canavan 10 years past his best had much more influence than Gooch. I dont think its unfair to say that the best we have seen from Gooch is in games when Kerry are well ahead. He could improve further though in the next few years, time will tell.

DB

Gooch, still young and can only get better.

ziggysego

Surely the vote is Canavan at his best and Gooch at his best. At the moment, that's Canavan without a doubt. However Gooch's best it yet to come.
Testing Accessibility

gerry

Pete but what a player gooch will be in a few years with more experience
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

SidelineKick

canavan at the min but in a few years probably the gooch. he has more overall to offer than canavan. hes like a brian mcguigan and canavan rolled into one. his playmaking ability is as good as his scoring threat! we seen this through the c'ship and also in the club c'ship.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Real Talk

Its is impossible to answer that.  Canavan was oustanding and at his best in 1995 AI final when he almost defeated Dublin singlehanded on an average Tyrone team.   Gooch is always likely to be on a Kerry team whose players are all top quality, Canavan had never that opportunity.  Gooch is still only 24.   Impossible to differentiate between them, not a level playing field

ONeill

Gooch, without a shadow of a doubt. Peter should never have passed to Thornton.

Quotehe has more overall to offer than canavan. hes like a brian mcguigan and canavan rolled into one.

I take it you never watched Peter play. His intelligence in terms of setting up team mates was second to none. Incredible speed of thought and movement. Unfortunately you had someone a bit like Audi Hamilton on the receiving end too often in the 90s.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnpower

I would say Canavan at the moment I hope the Gooch keeps at it .I would be concerned that the mileage or injury may shorten his career .

bingobus

Wouldn't mind either of them but at the moment it would have to Peter the Great.

Could easily change in ten years time. Think Cooper is only going to get better as he gets tougher and him and Donaghy could feed off one and other for years.Both only 24. PTG never had a team with him like Cooper though and if he did, I'd say Tyrone could have dominated the late 90's and early 2000's. But thats easy to say.

new devil

canavan miles ahead...best footballer of all time IMO

parttimeexile

I would pick Canavan.Gooch is a great player but would pick canavan for his ability to take crucial scores like the goal against kerry I would have to pick him.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties