LOST (TV Show)

Started by longball, September 17, 2007, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

What a load of oul bollocks. Complete cop-out.

Twist me hole, sure that was all predicted on this thread.

clarshack

Quote from: Donagh on May 15, 2009, 11:24:30 PM
What a load of oul bollocks. Complete cop-out.

Twist me hole, sure that was all predicted on this thread.

the twist about locke? dont think anybody seen that coming.

mountainboii

Stop it with the nearly spoilers lads ffs  >:(

clarshack

Donagh

Quote from: clarshack on May 15, 2009, 11:42:25 PM
the twist about locke? dont think anybody seen that coming.

Hmm... Will take it up again on Sunday night after the rest have seen it.

mountainboii

On early on RTE here in case anyone is missing it.

mountainboii

Right, what was that all about? Who is Locke?

gawa316

Quote from: AFS on May 17, 2009, 10:02:27 PM

What he said?

Who was the boy on the beach at the start with Jacob?

Did he some how take over Locke's body/form ???

tbrick18

Quote from: gawa316 on May 17, 2009, 10:23:59 PM
Quote from: AFS on May 17, 2009, 10:02:27 PM

What he said?

Who was the boy on the beach at the start with Jacob?

Did he some how take over Locke's body/form ???

The 2 lads on the beach were obviously Jacob and his arch-enemy away back when the Black Rock arrived on the island. Seems like people have been arriving for a long time.
The arch enemy is probably why the plane surviors kept seeing dead people from the past...and a lot of the plot is based around him trying to kill Jacob. Anyone know when the last series is due?

DrinkingHarp

I see the two on the beach (Jacob/other guy) as good and evil (white top/black top), similar to the others and the Dharma group.

It seems like this could go as a biblica/religous story line.

The term Dharma.ogg dharma (help·info) (Sanskrit: dhárma, Pāḷi dhamma), is an Indian spiritual and religious term, that means one's righteous duty or any virtuous path in the common sense of the term.[1] In Indian languages it contextually implies one's religion. Throughout Indian philosophy, Dharma is presented as a central concept that is used in order to explain the "higher truth" or ultimate reality of the universe.

The word dharma literally translates as that which upholds or supports, and is generally translated into English as law. The word "dharma" can also be translated as "the teachings of the Buddha".

The various Indian religions and philosophy (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, among others) have all accorded a central focus to Dharma and advocate its practice. Each of these religions emphasizes Dharma as the correct understanding of reality in its teachings.[2] In these traditions, beings that live in accordance with Dharma proceed more quickly toward Dharma Yukam, Moksha or Nirvana (personal liberation). Dharma also refers to the teachings and doctrines of the founders of these traditions, such as those of Gautama Buddha and Mahavira. In traditional Hindu society with its caste structure, Dharma constituted the religious and moral doctrine of the rights and duties of each individual. (see dharmasastra). Dharma in its universal meaning shares much in common with the way of Tao or Taoism.

The antonym of dharma is adharma meaning unnatural or immoral.

I believe the Locke in the temple was the "other guy" in black using Locke's form to kill Jacob--remember he said he wanted to kill Jacob and would find a loophole. He used Ben to do this and Locke is dead.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

wherefromreferee?

There is no way Juliette could have survived a fall like that  ::)

Off course, I have no problem believing everything else about the show, the time travel, moving an island, the polar bears and so on.  8)
In your Endo!

longball

The way i see it:
Jacob is a god like character- white top on the beach

the other guy on the beach at the start is the devil like character- black top on the beach

Ben- is one of Jacobs servants- he believed without even seeing! done what he was told etc. the other guy, like the devil took form in as a snake for adam and eve, took the form of JL to turn Ben, this was the loophole only one of Jacobs folowers could kill him.

dunno if im way off the mark but just whats going tru my head
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

screenmachine

Jacob didn't turn out to be that hard after all did he?  Weedy wee Ben just had a pop at him and that was that!  What was the craic with Jacob throughout the show coming into contact with all the Losties, was he subconciously attracting them to the island?  I also enjoyed the way Jacob spontaneously combusted when Locke/Black Top Man kicked him into the fire!
Also, the hydrogen bomb thing fell what looked like a couple of hundred feet with no result.  Juliette slaps it a couple of times with a stone and the whole thing blows the smithereens!  Am I correct in assuming then that if Faraday's plan/idea is correct then none of this is relevant is it will never have happened? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Hank Everlast

Started kopping on when i seen the reaction on Richard when he said that the one thing he had never seen on the island was someone coming back to life....
It could also be that this new guy (in black on the beach) has been the one appearing to locke as chriastian telling him what all to do.  Telling him he had to leave the island and die etc etc this was his loophole to get back on the island.

How the hell are they gunna do a whole new series now tho, the friggn bomb has went off!!??

And Jacobs last words.... who the hell is coming??

longball

as i said above Jacob appearing to the losties off the island was sorta godlike way:
telling Kate be good
Sawyer that revenue wasnt the way
Sun and Jin to respect their love and their marriage should be forever

the other guy on the beach prob took the form of Christian! This was to make sure locke/Ben done what he wanted. He needed to take form of Locke as the leader of the others.

I wouldnt worry about Jacob being killed so easily, as Frank the Pilot is a 'candidate' i think we could see Jacob taking his form!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0