Best Club Crest

Started by hoopsaaa, September 13, 2007, 11:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Is it just me or does the stone in that crest look like a certain male appendage?? :o :o :o :o

Deal_Me_In

Here is the club crest, its okay but its not the best i have ever seen

Homer

Also designed by one of our players . . .

I also like Kildares take on St Brigids Cross

Mhic Easmuint

Roger Casements GAC Portglenone Co. Antrim:

Maximus Marillius

Did you know Roger had a liking for the male orientation

Maximus Marillius

The tower represents the Church Island which is a famous land mark in the parish of Ballyscullion. It is an church built on an Island in Lough Beg which joins Lough Neagh. The old church is said to have been their for nearly 800 years. The blue and white is our colours, but the way it is designed it also represents the water that surrounds the Church Island

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on September 14, 2007, 12:00:46 PM
Did you know Roger had a liking for the male orientation

According to MI6... gospel then  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stpauls

our crest was designed by one of the younger members of our club, and takes into account the 3 main towns of the parish.
The boat represents the marina in Bangor, the chapel is St. Colmcille's Chapel in Holywood, and the tower is Scrabo tower in Newtownards, and of course the yellow and blue are our club colours!!

screenexile

Gnevin

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on September 14, 2007, 10:04:35 AM

Designed by one of our players...

Why is their a c**k in the middle of your crest?  ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

orangeman

bailestil

Steelstown Badge - Not the most know in Derry Football, Our badge is only 5 years old or so. How we played wthout one for the previous 7 years i don't really know.

St Bridgids cross taken from the local parish.
the 3 Stars are for the 3 Parishes of the club
(How i wish they represented the same thing as Ballinderrys 1 star!)

We must be one of the only Clubs in Ireland without a Patron Name, i.e a saint, local historical figure etc. Its keeps getting brought up but never been decided on!

rrhf

Lets face it lads most club crests look like they could be drawn by a 5 year old with thick crayons.. Holy feck Ziggy that castles  unreal.   

lynchbhoy

quite like our one
as displayed in my avatar

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neill, Leckpatrick in County Tyrone.

What annoys me about our Club is that the parish name is the suffix as opposed to common in most clubs the prefix. As such we are known as Owen Roes, as opposed to Leckpatrick. I think it costs us a wee bit with identifying with the community.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone