THINGS THAT P##S ME OFF.

Started by Canalman, November 30, 2006, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flameboy

would have to agree with that last post re: use of the word "londonderry", however surely use of this vile term by southerners is most disgusting...

i remember a couple of years ago eircoms 01 directory had a map showing "londonderry", presumably they were inundated with compaints since the following years directory had Derry instead.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

People who come into work on Mondays full of energy, enthusiasm etc. Jaysus, I can't even be bothered typing this
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Orior

• Drivers who sit on the outside lane when the inside lane is absolutely clear
  • Local radio stations that give cricket and English rugby scores but don't give gaa scores
  • Hearing stories from people who saved packets caused they've the brass neck to ask Tescos for staff discount at the checkout till
  • People who return their dinner in a restaurant when there is feck all wrong with it
  • Shops that don't have proper queuing
  • Smelly toilets
  • Having bought a new TV and half the screen disappears but being too busy to take it back
  • Downtown Radio 7am to 9am presenters who read surveys about Britons but never the Irish
  • Missing 12 inch putts
  • The English media
  • Loosing stuff when all I did was put it somewhere safe
  • Iced over windscreens when I'm in a rush to get into work
  • Airports named after Hollywood movie stars (I'm never flying into Bob Hope or John Wayne)
  • Dogs fouling at my front gate
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Flameboy

another thing that really pisses me off

the DJs on FM104 and 98fm  - r they the biggest tossers going or what....so far up their own arses....

downredblack

"would have to agree with that last post re: use of the word "londonderry", however surely use of this vile term by southerners is most disgusting..."

Stayed in the grand hotel in Malahide last year for a wedding , and was shocked to find they used Londonderry in a map or phone directory in the rooms . Lets boycott the kip until they burning all offending literature .

johnneycool

c***ts that throw on the right turn indicator at the last minute, or worse sit at the lights with none on then when they turn green throw on the indicator. I wish i could just push the feckers up the road in front of me.

magpie seanie

QuoteYou can also use the right lane to go straight ahead.

Yes, but you shouldn't. If going straight ahead you should be in the left lane unless otherwise indicated (or of course if there are two lanes the far side also).

Instead of those "don't overtake going round a corner" ads they should have ones about how to drive at roundabouts. I would say 80% + have the same (wrong) idea as Star Spangler. I thought the same myself but asked an advanced driving instructor who told me the correct way.

johnneycool

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 05, 2006, 03:05:11 PM
QuoteYou can also use the right lane to go straight ahead.

Yes, but you shouldn't. If going straight ahead you should be in the left lane unless otherwise indicated (or of course if there are two lanes the far side also).

Instead of those "don't overtake going round a corner" ads they should have ones about how to drive at roundabouts. I would say 80% + have the same (wrong) idea as Star Spangler. I thought the same myself but asked an advanced driving instructor who told me the correct way.

I failed my driving test for using the right lane to go straight ahead on the boucher road, so I'd be incline to agree with Seanie on that one.

Gnevin

Quote from: Orior on December 04, 2006, 09:04:41 PM

• People who return their dinner in a restaurant when there is feck all wrong with it

I agree with out but People who get a crap dinner and refuse to bring it back and instead moan the entire time they are eating it is worse
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

hectorsheroes

Having to buy batteries

Current Indie bands like the fratellis who are not worth a f***

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Square Ball

Julian Simons

People who hate Christmas

Dark chocolate

brussle sprouts

Ignorant bus drivers

smokers who smoke in the non smoking parts of restaurants

Pub know alls, every bar/pub/club has one
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

charlie linkbox

People who assume they don't like brussel sprouts just becasuse of the stigma attached to them.

They're actually lovely.

Square Ball

Charlie

trust me, i dont like them because there manc not any stigma attached to them
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

charlie linkbox

I wasn't having a dig at you personally SB. It was just a general remark.