All Ireland Tickets

Started by burn the hurl, September 12, 2007, 02:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burn the hurl

I know this isn't an advertisement site but I was hoping someone out there could help me out!

I'm desperately trying to track down a couple of tickets for the All Ireland Final! :'(

I'm prepared to travel for them but not prepare to pay over the odds because I disagree with people touting tickets for more than face value!

I live in south Derry and would be prepared to travel anywhere in about a 20 mile radius though I'd travel as far as Belfast saying as its all main road!

I'd like to have them in hand tonight or tomorrow at the latest!

If anyone can help me out, please let me know!  :-*

Hurler on the Bitch

Christ! twenty mile radius ... you must be desperate! - just try your nearest Ulster Bank.

burn the hurl

Yeah, I know its getting late

i've only been guaranteed 1 by the club and thats only cos i've been to every game this year but after that i might get one out of a ballot! i need 2 more even if i get lucky and get one out of a ballot! Derry's allocation was rubbish - our club got 40 (mostly nally stand) tickets! I'd like to have had them in hand tonight or tomorrow so i wouldn't have to worry about going down to dublin and not having enough tickets! anyone selling tickets outside the ground will probably be looking big bucks!

Not quite sure what you mean by the Ulster Bank comment!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: burn the hurl on September 12, 2007, 03:07:42 PM

i've only been guaranteed 1 by the club and thats only cos i've been to every game this year but after that i might get one out of a ballot! i need 2 more even if i get lucky and get one out of a ballot! Derry's allocation was rubbish - our club got 40 (mostly nally stand) tickets! I'd like to have had them in hand tonight or tomorrow so i wouldn't have to worry about going down to dublin and not having enough tickets! anyone selling tickets outside the ground will probably be looking big bucks!

Why are they selling tickets to a game in Carrickmore?

hoopsaaa

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 12, 2007, 03:12:18 PM

Why are they selling tickets to a game in Carrickmore?

Carmen bought the Nally specially for Derry fans on All Ireland Final Day. Its as close as they can get to the real experience of a senior AI for the next 10 years. Think that they get Brolly and co up to play rerun of 1992 ;D

hoopsaaa

Well its close for the Donegal fans to ;D

Frank Casey

Quote from: burn the hurl on September 12, 2007, 02:49:05 PM
I know this isn't an advertisement site but I was hoping someone out there could help me out!

I'm desperately trying to track down a couple of tickets for the All Ireland Final! :'(

I'm prepared to travel for them but not prepare to pay over the odds because I disagree with people touting tickets for more than face value!

I live in south Derry and would be prepared to travel anywhere in about a 20 mile radius though I'd travel as far as Belfast saying as its all main road!

I'd like to have them in hand tonight or tomorrow at the latest!

If anyone can help me out, please let me know!  :-*

Word from the south is that tickets will not be short. Worth a gamble to come along on Sunday morning and sniff around. I hear alot of Cork fellows are only going to cheer Seamus Darby on the jubilee team.
KERRY 3:7

Maguire01

Derry's allocation was rubbish - our club got 40 (mostly nally stand) tickets!

And therein lies the problem with AI ticket allocations. Why should a club in south Derry get any tickets for an AI Final between Kerry and Cork, nevermind complaining about only getting 40!
Okay, so it's not such an issue this year, but is it any wonder people make a fortune on this racket?

Frank Casey

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 12, 2007, 11:33:37 PM

And therein lies the problem with AI ticket allocations. Why should a club in south Derry get any tickets for an AI Final between Kerry and Cork, nevermind complaining about only getting 40!
Okay, so it's not such an issue this year, but is it any wonder people make a fortune on this racket?

I know of an intermediate football (not dual) club that only got an initial allocation of 32. They will get the same again in a second allocation.
KERRY 3:7

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Datsun Donaghy

wakey wakey!!!

Maguire01

Quote from: Take Your Points on September 12, 2007, 11:37:14 PM

They might have an interest in the minor game.

whoops...  :-*
Yes, actually realised this and was coming on here to see if it would be too late to erase my post and make a quick escape........... and it is!

Anyway, given Derry's support base, would 40 not do the whole county?  :P

Lecale2

the green man

I knocked back two last night and all, if only I'd read this first

southdown

Just got 2 for me and the aul fella, cant wait :)