PRTB (HOUSES)

Started by mannix, September 12, 2007, 12:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Can anyone throw light on the subject.I have a house that I am renting out,its all above board ,ie, all taxes and that will be paid.Do I legally need to be registered with this PRTB crowd or not?
The bank told me they will give me any paperwork I need regardless of PRTB and they never heard of such a body.On the other side of it I am told I can be fined 3000 euro for not registering with them.
A lot of gray area that needs to be clarified by the authorities.

Shamrock Shore

Yes basically.

If not reistered Revenue will not allow mortgage interest agin the gross rental income.

www.prtb.ie

will get you the standard reg form

mannix

Would you be very sure of this? Is it another gimmick and what about the thousands that have never heard of the prtb?

bingobus

Would agree with Shamrock.

Have had a few Clients audited by Revenue who had rental income. They requested details of their registration with the PRTB.

If you are above board its nothing to hide. Can be a pain if you have frequently changing tenants though with a fee having to be paid each time.

Shamrock Shore

Mannix

As I work in that area please believe me.

mannix

Thank you, I do believe you and am grateful fot your input.This board is invaluable for a lot of reasons.

lynchbhoy

bingobus

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 12, 2007, 01:55:31 PM
Quote from: bingobus on September 12, 2007, 01:00:05 PM
Have had a few Clients audited by Revenue

are you a hooker ? :o

Well, some people do feel as if they got screwed when they get the bill for our "services".  ;D (Accountant)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: bingobus on September 12, 2007, 01:59:40 PM

Well, some people do feel as if they got screwed when they get the bill for our "services".  ;D (Accountant)

monaghan men and money eh !
no surprise there !  :P

a few folks I know are getting rent cash in hand, but I know the revenue are going to start turning the screw on this...

Our Nail Loney

Fella I know from Portadown T Hamill can shed light on this hes an estate agent, I will get in touch and get back

blast05

QuoteThe bank told me they will give me any paperwork I need regardless of PRTB and they never heard of such a body

That bank should be closed down !

bingobus

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 12, 2007, 02:08:40 PM
Quote from: bingobus on September 12, 2007, 01:59:40 PM

monaghan men and money eh !
no surprise there !  :P

a few folks I know are getting rent cash in hand, but I know the revenue are going to start turning the screw on this...

Agreed. This is prob their first step in trying to get landlords registered. Paid rent in cash all my time in Dublin. Dount the Revenue seen a cent of it. One of the lads was out of work for a while and enquired about getting his rent paid through the Social Welfare for a while. The landlord nearly threw us out!!!

Another area they will be looking into is how people paid for overseas property. When they figure out how to get details of these "holiday home" owners I'm sure they will carry one of their investigations such as the Offshore Bank Accounts, Single Premium Investment p0olicys etc.