Dinner Dance Guest Speakers

Started by Norf Tyrone, September 11, 2007, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Made the mistake of agreeing to organise the guest speaker for our Club dinner dance. Anyone reccomend anyone based on interest, relevance, entertainment factor, cost (Ahem!) etc.

Ta
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

5 Sams

I hear Benny Tierney is good...dunno about cost though.
The Aristocrat Years

Bacon

Mickey Harte will do grace for £30. Joe Brolly is good too and easy to sort out with expenses.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Kentucky Blue

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 11, 2007, 02:31:45 PM
Made the mistake of agreeing to organise the guest speaker for our Club dinner dance. Anyone reccomend anyone based on interest, relevance, entertainment factor, cost (Ahem!) etc.

Ta

Was at a table at a corporate dinner a few years ago with Sean Boylan there, thoroughly enjoyable and a few great yarn's told.
he was delayed in traffic and arrived about 40 mins late i think, and therefore would not accept any fee apparently.

FL/MAYO

Francie Bellew would be the man to have, sure you cant shut him up when he gets going plus he is highly regarded in your neck of the woods!! ;D ;D

orangeman

Brolly is very good - but these expenses are outrageous - £ 500 and upwards !

tbrick18

We had Jarlath Burns at ours a coupld of years ago....wasnt expecting much but he was actually very good.
Didnt take anything for it as far as I remember.

Sean Boylan was our original choice I think and if memory serves he doesnt take anything for doing these things either but he wasnt available the weekend ours was on.

goldenyears

derry PRO - gerry donnelly, v funny not sure about cost

tbrick18

Quote from: goldenyears on September 11, 2007, 04:11:51 PM
derry PRO - gerry donnelly, v funny not sure about cost

Very expensive by all accounts. He did MC for us at ours and I think he charged quite a bit.

ziggysego

We had Jarlath Burns at our Dinner Dance. He was excellent and researched a lot about the club before visiting. A real gentleman too.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 11, 2007, 03:51:12 PM
We had Jarlath Burns at ours a coupld of years ago....wasnt expecting much but he was actually very good.
Didnt take anything for it as far as I remember.

He wouldn't accept anything from Greencastle, which is a measure of the man. Too many can't wait to line their pockets.

Instead, we made a donation to his club.
Testing Accessibility

blanketattack

You can get Bill Clinton for around $300,000 plus expenses.

Gabriel_Hurl

We've our 50th anniversary coming up in 2009

Need to find a couple of big names for it

john mcgill

You'll have to get Gene Duffy from the overseas committee.  He has done more for overseas GAA than any other person I know.

David McKeown

Michael Lyster did the Ulster All Stars Last year and I thought he was quite good although ive heard a few complain hes not value money but i don't know what he charges
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner