James Mc Cartan collapses during club game

Started by Cloc Mor, September 09, 2007, 10:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloc Mor

Wee James took a turn during the Burren/Longstone championship game this evening.  The game was a very tense affair throughout with a player sent off from either side.  James and Frank Dawson had words several times during the game but the closeness of the game really seemed to affect James.  Sean Ward had just missed a great chance when James fell to the ground, without anyone near him.  Medical attention arrived promptly and he was stretchered off.

At a time when we have had so many tragedies recently, this serves as a reminder that our managers/coaches also need to be looked after, as well as our players.  I don't think this is as serious as first thought as he has been released from hospital but the pressure to win just seems too great at times.  We have to put things in perspective.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

gerry

Hope he gets well soom.  Gaa under the spotlight enough in the last two weeks.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

I read where one poster said that James gets too caught up in the game and needs to relax -  I hope he is 100% - he was a great player and seems a very committed manager. Get well soon again.

Kentucky Blue

Best wishes, lets hope a speedy recovery is made.

tbrick18

You dont like to hear this about any player.
All the best James, hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

stew

Get well soon James. I hope he makes a full recovery and takes it handy for a while.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

goldenyears

without making little of this, i believe its not what many may think ie heart related.

i am told that james jumped up to celebrate a score (or what he thought was a score) and fell to the ground after hurting his back. Many of you will remember he hurt his back a few yrs ago and was told he might not walk properly again never mind play. I am told the incident is back-related and that he was discharged from daisy hill last night

turkey+ham

good to hear thet wee james is ok and it isn't as bad as expected

stew

That is great news altogether. Thank God for that. Wee james is stll a young man and I hope he makes a ful recovery but he needs to quit feckin around if his back is that bad.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

southdown

Hope James is ok, speedy recovery.  Cloc Mor, this is your 4th post that mentions Dawson, he really must have pi$$ed you off 

heganboy

golden years is right- its not a big deal- no harm done...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bacon

Good news but a back injury can be a right fecker too.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Leo

Following James's collapse and removal from the field his brother and father were subjected to totally unacceptable vicious verbal abuse from a sizeable section of Longstone "supporters". These morons besmirch the GAA. How quickly we forget our All-Ireland winning heroes in Down!
Fierce tame altogether