Footballer of the Year 2007

Started by seanobrien12, September 08, 2007, 10:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pietas

Quote from: seanobrien12 on September 08, 2007, 10:15:22 PM
I would have to nominate Dublin's Colin "Colly" Moran. He is a role model for the Dublin youth and I have never seen him play badly for Dublin

seanobrien

would you please remove your avatar.  it is a deeply offensive symbol used by a man who murdered millions of innocent people.

The swastika is a symbol of hate, antisemitism, violence, death, and murder.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Gaaboardmod3

One of the other mods banned seanobrien. We think he was a reincarnation of another banned poster. Unfortunately when you ban a user, their avatar is still viewable against their old posts, so I have deleted the user account completely to remove the avatar.

Pietas

cheers.  I'll gladly argue against anyone and take personal abuse into the bargain, but what was going on there was well out of order.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Louth Exile

glad to see that avatar gone as well

I'd have Conor Gormley on the all star team this year, he was Tyrone's best player - fact
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Uladh

Being the best player on a team that went out in the quarter final doesn' add up to much

Louth Exile

That is a fair point, but to phrase it differently then, I think that he was one of the 6 best defenders in the country this year
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

paddypastit

Gooch threw the hat in for p-o-y today.  Three way race now between himself O'Sullivan and O'Se.  I'd have a slight inkling for O'SE but could go anyway.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Louth Exile

Quote from: paddypastit on September 17, 2007, 12:51:33 AM
Gooch threw the hat in for p-o-y today.  Three way race now between himself O'Sullivan and O'Se.  I'd have a slight inkling for O'SE but could go anyway.

I think that you are right and with the nature of these things he will probably get it too! Its a pity because I think over the course of the year O'Sullivan deserves it. Gooch was clearly the MOM yesterday with O'Se second best player on the field and all three fully deserve their all stars.

Did any of you see the Sunday Game team of the year, complete joke.
No way that Canty was best full back, has to be between Fay and Mc Cloy
O'Se has to be in the middle, by their own admission O'Se dominated Murphy in both games and they still had him in front of O'Se (riddle me that one)
I could go on about the amount of players out of position, but I'll leave it at for the time being.

thebandit

I said Canty here a few weeks ago...... Think I might change that to O'Sullivan!

whiskeysteve

Kevin McCloy was twice as good as Canty, against better forwards too
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Billys Boots

Quoteagainst better forwards too

Did Derry play Kerry?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 17, 2007, 01:13:21 PM
Quoteagainst better forwards too

Did Derry play Kerry?

Nooo. But on the balance he played on tougher forwards (and teams) throughout the season. And looked fantastic each time. Canty had an easier ride of it - though Shane Lennon gave him a tough time - except when they faced Kerry in the final where he got annihilated.

Anyway he put in far more impressive displays than any other full back (though Fay would run him closer than Canty) and I can't believe he didnt get the full back spot on The Sunday Game team of the year. Tony Davis has the biggest pair of rose tinted glasses in Ireland
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

orangeman

I thought Kevin Mc Cloy was the outstanding defender all year - definitely an All Star  -

To repeat myself, would Gooch have been in the running before the All Ireland final ?? Maybe, matbe not - but now everybody is talking about him as Player of Year -

Louth Exile

Gooch was not in the running before the final.

I wonder would big Anthony have let them pick Canty at full back, I think it would have been different if had of been there

Balboa

Did some big string of p*ss not give Mc Cloy a rough enough time against Mayo in Celtic Park this year.