Handy Tips and advice

Started by bingobus, September 07, 2007, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

New thread, if anyone has any issues that may be addressed through other board members experience they can seek the advice in here.

My problem: Spiders. Seem to have an abnormal number knocking around the house. I have heard that due to the mild winters and damp summers that spider and insect numbers are higher than ever before.

Anyone any tips/old housewives remedies as how to rid them. i have heard of glasses of lemon juice will do the trick?

All answers on a postcard please.

The Real Laoislad

Have the same problem...Also has anyone noticed how huge the spiders are nowadays
You'll Never Walk Alone.

illdecide

Quote from: bingobus on September 07, 2007, 01:01:48 PM
New thread, if anyone has any issues that may be addressed through other board members experience they can seek the advice in here.

My problem: Spiders. Seem to have an abnormal number knocking around the house. I have heard that due to the mild winters and damp summers that spider and insect numbers are higher than ever before.

Anyone any tips/old housewives remedies as how to rid them. i have heard of glasses of lemon juice will do the trick?

All answers on a postcard please.

Why, what harm are they doing. Its only a fecking spider, They'll eat the pesky flys for you
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Real Laoislad

Anyone know how to make a 02 phone accept a Vodafone Sim Card?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DoYerJob Linesman

Get it drunk on blue WKD and then try.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

man in black

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

The Claw

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 07, 2007, 01:05:44 PM
You have to unblock the phone. You can get some shady characters to do it for you but the best way is to risk O2 and ask them to give you the unblocking code. THe thing is, they dont like people unblocking phones because that means that people can do exactly what you want to do, put another network's sim card into it.
If you ring up saying that you are going to the States for a couple of months and want to be able to use your phone over there by buying a US sim card, they shoudl give you the number.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Claw on September 07, 2007, 01:13:03 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 07, 2007, 01:05:44 PM
You have to unblock the phone. You can get some shady characters to do it for you but the best way is to risk O2 and ask them to give you the unblocking code. THe thing is, they dont like people unblocking phones because that means that people can do exactly what you want to do, put another network's sim card into it.
If you ring up saying that you are going to the States for a couple of months and want to be able to use your phone over there by buying a US sim card, they shoudl give you the number.
If you've had the phone for more than a year they have to unblock it for you
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

mannix

Alternatively you can threaten the assistant behind the counter with a large spider, they may be afraid and change it for you on the spot.
A cure for dry eyes is pouring lemon juice into them, it will sting for an hour or so but you will never complain about dry eyes again.

Main Street

That sounds the same as rubbing Vick on your balls.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Anyone know how to remove Vic from my balls?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 07, 2007, 01:04:16 PM
Have the same problem...Also has anyone noticed how huge the spiders are nowadays

Are you noticing the stairs is getting steeper and the telly isn't loud enough any more so you have to turn it up? Are you finding that you insist on paying by the exact change no matter how long it takes to count and that you are beginning to go to mass, funerals and novenas at least once a day?

Muppet has just the thing for you: Click here
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: Orior on September 07, 2007, 01:50:06 PM
If you can stop screaming for 15 seconds i will tell you.

bingobus

Quote from: Orior on September 07, 2007, 01:50:06 PM

Yes, squeeze lemon into your eyes.