All Ireland Championship 2007 Review

Started by seanobrien12, September 05, 2007, 09:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

cusack

So if Cork hammer Kerry, are they the best team then.  By what margin do Cork have to win, for you to consider them the better team? 

heineken_on_tap

The best team doesnt always win the final(which is a good thing). Cusak, I think you are missing my point - margin does not matter at all. More power to cork if they win on sunday but my opionin is that whatever the outcome Kerry are the best most skillfull football team in the country. Sunday wont change that regardless.

Just a horse racing analogy beef or salmon bet Brave Inca a few times but any person who knows anything about horses will tell you Brava inca was a much superior horse. So the best can be beaten but you cant take away from themn they are the best. Anyway good luck to Cork - the beef or salmon of football perhaps ;)

cusack

No, I understand it's your opinion, but I'm just wondering what it would take to change your opinion?  If Cork win by 10 points, would Cork then supersede Kerry as top, most skillfull team, in the country.  Or is your mind set?

Or, if Cork hold Kerry scoreless for the entire game, when would you concede that this Cork team are good too?  And not dismiss them as having come from the 'easy side of the draw'.

descartes

i'm no lover of the rebel county but i don't think they're getting the respect they deserve here. if they win they should be recognised as the best team in the country. they were very close last year to being  the best team in the country and were it not for canty getting injured i reckon they would have won the all ireland. overall though it hasn't been the best of championships, but by no means the worse either, 2005 was probably the best vintage season we've had this decade.

orangeman

Lads, the winner takes it ALL ! Sam, plaudits,compliments, All Stars, column inches etc etc etc.  -that's the way of it.