Big Ears Poots personal views on the GAA

Started by T Fearon, September 05, 2007, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Tonight, on SixCountiesTV Live at 6pm. In a series of interviews with (a fawning, if last night's was anything to go by) Adrian Logan, Sports Minister Edwin Poots (whose supposed to be Sports Minister for all of us) reveals his personal views on the GAA and declares if he would attend a GAA event or not. Now I'm guessing that he will reveal that he would not attend a GAA event, in which case surely his position as Sports Minister is untenable, if he cannot bring himself to attend an event organised by the most popular (in terms of spectator volume) sporting organisation in Ulster?

Boolerhead Mel

Tony

I may be wrong but I believe in an interview with the Bel Tel a few months ago he stated he would have no problem with attending a GAA event as long as it was not on a Sunday. 

nifan

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 05, 2007, 01:59:42 PM
Surely he would then be opposed to the new stadium even opening on a Sunday?

they may  be able to swallow that pill, but god help us if any "sodomites" are booked for a gig there on a sunday

T Fearon

If I'm not seriously mistaken, Wallace Brown, a DUP Lord Mayor of Belfast, attended the final of a professional snooker tournament at the Waterfront Hall, on a Sunday night, so that argument doesn't wash.

magpie seanie

Yeah, but he'll probably go to hell for that.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2007, 02:50:58 PM
If I'm not seriously mistaken, Wallace Brown, a DUP Lord Mayor of Belfast, attended the final of a professional snooker tournament at the Waterfront Hall, on a Sunday night, so that argument doesn't wash.

Why?

ExiledGael

Says a lot that when UTV do a piece on the GAA and have to show some clips, all they have is action from the 2003 All-Ireland final.

red hander

I have it on good authority that the Ulster Council possess a photograph of the boul Edwin holding the boul Sam

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ExiledGael

Boul Sam? Must be Sammy Wilson, we'll get that stadium yet!

ziggysego

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 05, 2007, 07:51:20 PM
Boul Sam? Must be Sammy Wilson, we'll get that stadium yet!

Edwin has Sammy Wilson by the handles? :o
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

For the record he indicated that he would have no problem attending a GAA event, but not on a Sunday (which means he will have to wait to see Tyrone in the qualifiers next year ;D). Actions will however, speak louder, than honeyed words

nifan

he has buck all interest in gaelic, or football for that matter.
He said as muchg recently and that his preferred sport is motorbiking

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2007, 03:00:12 PM
Quote from: nifan on September 06, 2007, 02:51:40 PM
he has buck all interest in gaelic, or football for that matter.
He said as muchg recently and that his preferred sport is motorbiking
That's why it gets so much bucking coverage on utv/bbc!

Don't you mean so Gaelic or soccer ;)
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Didn't edit your post hardstation and my response was to nifan.
Testing Accessibility