Author Topic: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)  (Read 78754 times)

saffron sam2

• Not I surely ref.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2007, 08:49:28 PM »
Anyone else notice the utter hypocrisy of the IFA, Howard Smells and Stephen Beacom on the radio this morning. After finally jettisoning the sectarian ban on Sunday soccer last night, both of them were on bleating about freedom of choice  this morning.
Tony

For aproximately the millionth time, can you please tell us in what way the Sunday ban was sectarian?

Do you know what sectarian means?

Why do you think the rule was in place?

I would also be interested if you could list the names and roles of the 18 man executive committee and which of the dozen and a half would be most likely to lose their posts if it was reduced to 10.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

The Watcher Pat

• Always Watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2007, 01:40:47 AM »
For the millionth time Sammy I will answer you. The Ban on Sunday soccer was in accordance with the practice and beliefs of protestantism
In what way?
Also players born in any part of the 32 counties of Ireland should have the right to exercise their freedom of choice and play for either the IFA or FAI team.
Why just those two, why not Brazil or Croatia or Australia
What the IFA are trying to do is effectively coerce players born in the 6 counties into playing for their team,
Complete bollix, how could the IFA co-erce anybody (even if they wanted to)

My cousin was born in Armagh...Played for R.O.I u21's and has been constantly hassled to play for N.I even tho he holds a Irish passport...Played for the country of his birth..doesnt wanna play for N.I...Wheres it gonna end?? Why try to make someone play for a team that he doesn't want to play for?
hence we have the farcical situation of a so called "British Association" playing players who hold Irish passports. Now tell me where that happens anywhere else in the world?
Err the IFA represent NI they don't represent Britain, so I've no idea what your point is.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Watcher Pat

• Always Watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2007, 01:47:35 AM »
For the millionth time Sammy I will answer you. The Ban on Sunday soccer was in accordance with the practice and beliefs of protestantism
In what way?
Also players born in any part of the 32 counties of Ireland should have the right to exercise their freedom of choice and play for either the IFA or FAI team.
What the IFA are trying to do is effectively coerce players born in the 6 counties into playing for their team,
Complete bollix, how could the IFA co-erce anybody (even if they wanted to)

My cousin was born in Armagh...Played for R.O.I u21's and has been constantly hassled to play for N.I even tho he holds a Irish passport...Played for the country of his birth..doesnt wanna play for N.I...Wheres it gonna end?? Why try to make someone play for a team that he doesn't want to play for?
hence we have the farcical situation of a so called "British Association" playing players who hold Irish passports. Now tell me where that happens anywhere else in the world?
Err the IFA represent NI they don't represent Britain, so I've no idea what your point is.

Think i was drunk there and copied every thing! Hope u get the jist of that...

Turlough O Carolan

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2007, 05:21:59 AM »
Anyone else notice the utter hypocrisy of the IFA, Howard Smells and Stephen Beacom on the radio this morning. After finally jettisoning the sectarian ban on Sunday soccer last night, both of them were on bleating about freedom of choice  this morning.
Tony

For aproximately the millionth time, can you please tell us in what way the Sunday ban was sectarian?

Surely you can't be serious. Discriminating based on a religious belief is sectarian. "No Soccer on a Sunday" is a fundamentalist Christian belief.

SammyG

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2007, 07:35:06 AM »
Do you know what sectarian means?
Yes thanks
Why do you think the rule was in place?
It was originally put in place at a time when it was the norm (and was also the rule in most other countries). And was never removed for various reasons, ranging from the dinosaur mentality at the IFA, through to it being lumped in with other things and being rejected as part of the other package.
I would also be interested if you could list the names and roles of the 18 man executive committee and which of the dozen and a half would be most likely to lose their posts if it was reduced to 10.
You've asked me this loads of times and I've told you I've no idea, there are reps from the Premier League, junior football and the county FAs but other than Kennedy and Hard Wells, I don't know any of them.

his holiness nb

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 30, 2007, 09:35:34 AM »

I am staying out of this one for reasons of not giving a f**k, but Sammy, this is a ridiculous post.
And dont get back asking why, its bloody obvious  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2007, 09:41:10 AM »

I am staying out of this one for reasons of not giving a f**k, but Sammy, this is a ridiculous post.
Of course it's ridiculous but it's not any more ridiculous than Tony's post. That's the point, players can't just pick and choose who they play for.

The Watcher Pat

• Always Watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2007, 09:43:43 AM »

Of course it's ridiculous but it's not any more ridiculous than Tony's post. That's the point, players can't just pick and choose who they play for.
Because u mentioned Brazil and Croatia...Can you explain how Eduardo was born in Brazil and plays for Croatia?

his holiness nb

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2007, 09:45:55 AM »
Sammy, considering how ye all keep reminding us how thick Tony is and how he has no credibility, ye spend a huge amount of time repsonding to his posts.
What gives?
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2007, 09:47:42 AM »
Because u mentioned Brazil and Croatia...Can you explain how Eduardo was born in Brazil and plays for Croatia?
Off the top of my head (from memory so I could be wrong) I think he took Croat citizenship and qualifies as he's been resident in the country for years and hadn't previously played for Brazil (although he might even have qualified under the old rules).

SammyG

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2007, 09:48:50 AM »
Sammy, considering how ye all keep reminding us how thick Tony is and how he has no credibility, ye spend a huge amount of time repsonding to his posts.
What gives?
Very simple, every tme Tony posts lies and shite about me or my fellow fans, I will respond and point it out. If he posts about Spurs or some other shite, I never bother as it's feck all to do with me.

The Watcher Pat

• Always Watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2007, 09:51:14 AM »
Off the top of my head (from memory so I could be wrong) I think he took Croat citizenship and qualifies as he's been resident in the country for years and hadn't previously played for Brazil (although he might even have qualified under the old rules).
So then why can't anyone who holds a Irish passport(takes Irish citizenship) not play for ROI?

his holiness nb

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2007, 09:52:24 AM »
What gives?
Very simple, every tme Tony posts lies and shite about me or my fellow fans, I will respond and point it out. If he posts about Spurs or some other shite, I never bother as it's feck all to do with me.

Fair enough, however you are the exception from OWC boys, they could explain similarly, but they seem to have taken an unusual interest in Spurs too!
I find it so amusing how Tony can get you so riled up, most people on here put no pass on him.
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2007, 09:53:41 AM »
So then why can't anyone who holds a Irish passport(takes Irish citizenship) not play for ROI?
They can if they fulfill the other criteria (either born in the RoI, residency, grandparents or parents) and they haven't previously played for any othert international team.

nifan

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2007, 09:55:56 AM »
Fair enough, however you are the exception from OWC boys, they could explain similarly, but they seem to have taken an unusual interest in Spurs too!

I have no unusual interest in spurs, id say i post less on spurs than in the liverpool or man u threads