Author Topic: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)  (Read 112988 times)

tintin25

• View Profile
Re: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »
I definitely think that the Gaaboard is more accomodating to OWC follower's than the other way round...why is this? I registered an account on OWC only to have it deleted for making a light-hearted joke with regard to the vacant Manager's job (At the time). I just posted a message saying how I felt Joe Kernan should be in the running as he had a successful tenure with the Armagh team. lol. I had barely sent the message and some dick of an admin loses the bap with me!! Fcuk sake like. Take a joke. At least the users here seem to take abit of banter!  :P

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2007, 08:44:49 PM »
It's all that dour Presbyterianism that has them that way.
You know - the absolute fear that someone somewhere might be enjoying something ;)
Still Connacht Champions

red hander

• Masters of the dark arts since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2007, 01:17:29 PM »
Youse boys are very quiet about the weekend revelation that your boss Howard Wells helped negotiate a lucrative £500,000 IFA deal with a ticketing firm while he was also in partnership with the successful company  ... a contract that was not put out to tender because the aformentioned Mr Wells decided - on his own initiative - that the aformentioned firm with which he was still in partnership with could do the job better than anyone else .... mmmm, no conflict of interest there, eh?

Evil Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2007, 01:25:34 PM »
Youse boys are very quiet about the weekend revelation that your boss Howard Wells helped negotiate a lucrative £500,000 IFA deal with a ticketing firm while he was also in partnership with the successful company  ... a contract that was not put out to tender because the aformentioned Mr Wells decided - on his own initiative - that the aformentioned firm with which he was still in partnership with could do the job better than anyone else .... mmmm, no conflict of interest there, eh?

If by "youse boys" you mean those posters on this Board who are also fans of the NI soccer team, there is a thread on OWC where Wells comes in for severe stick all round for (what I suppose I must call) this alleged conflict of interest.

Oh and by the way, he also recommended the company in question to the FAI. Who awarded them the contract.

For the record, Howard Wells is about as popular with NI football fans as John Delaney is with their ROI counterparts!  :o
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »
I definitely think that the Gaaboard is more accomodating to OWC follower's than the other way round...why is this? I registered an account on OWC only to have it deleted for making a light-hearted joke with regard to the vacant Manager's job (At the time). I just posted a message saying how I felt Joe Kernan should be in the running as he had a successful tenure with the Armagh team. lol. I had barely sent the message and some dick of an admin loses the bap with me!! Fcuk sake like. Take a joke. At least the users here seem to take abit of banter!  :P

Orior got banned for typing two words on a thread asking what the new stadium should be named.......................orior wanted to name it 'the orange bowl' and was promptly banned. Those hoors have absolutely no sense of humour at all at all.

You cannot mention the GAA over there unless it is in the ' other sports, even gaa section'.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Evil Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »
Orior got banned for typing two words on a thread asking what the new stadium should be named.......................orior wanted to name it 'the orange bowl' and was promptly banned. Those hoors have absolutely no sense of humour at all at all.

You cannot mention the GAA over there unless it is in the ' other sports, even gaa section'.

Poor old Orior - perhaps he just has the "wrong" sense of humour, since someone else suggested naming it the "Sands Siro" without getting banned!

And you can actually mention GAA in other sections if it's relevant*, but like this Board with its "Official Thread" policy, they like to keep it in one section.

* - It also helps if it is in derogatory terms!  :D)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

deiseach

• View Profile
    • Come  on the Déise
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
Poor old Orior - perhaps he just has the "wrong" sense of humour, since someone else suggested naming it the "Sands Siro" without getting banned!

I think that is stew's point

GalwayBayBoy

• No show like a Joe show!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »

Yes you can. Admittedly only if you're complaining about or slating the GAA though. ;D

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2007, 02:32:31 PM »

Yes, it was a bit like getting divorced before we even got engaged. I couldnt stand the bitch anyway and I'm better off without her.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2007, 02:48:20 PM »
'If by "youse boys" you mean those posters on this Board who are also fans of the NI soccer team, there is a thread on OWC'

What's the point?  You stifle debate by banning anybody that doesn't toe the party line ... bit like that funny wee moustached boyo who started World War II and is the same nationality as your beloved monarch

MW

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2007, 02:52:54 PM »
Charlie Chaplin started World War II? :o

red hander

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2007, 10:16:24 AM »
Not to sound like a Nazi here, but Hitler considered Austria part of a Greater Germany (thus the anchluss) and considered himself 100% German ... same percentage as the Sax-Coburg-Gotha-Windsors

Evil Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2007, 10:22:14 AM »
Not to sound like a Nazi here, but Hitler considered Austria part of a Greater Germany (thus the anchluss) and considered himself 100% German ... same percentage as the Sax-Coburg-Gotha-Windsors

You're not sounding like a Nazi, you're sounding like a tit. This is a thread about the Irish Football Association.  ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

red hander

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2007, 10:45:29 AM »
'You're not sounding like a Nazi, you're sounding like a tit. This is a thread about the Irish Football Association. '

You're absolutely right ... C'mon Sweden, stuff the bastards...

Evil Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2007, 11:32:18 AM »
'You're not sounding like a Nazi, you're sounding like a tit. This is a thread about the Irish Football Association. '

You're absolutely right ... C'mon Sweden, stuff the bastards...

Now you're sounding like a Scandinavian, which is an advance, no doubt. Any relation to "Eric the Red", red hander?  ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"