Author Topic: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)  (Read 76058 times)

stew

• View Profile
Re: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2007, 02:58:39 AM »
Sorry to hear some of the fans went buck mad, there is no call for that aul craic now.

I would say that the dream is over for the norths fans. Shame.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Deal_Me_In

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2007, 06:57:13 AM »
What would the NI supporters consider their chances of qualifying be after saturdays result? With away games against both Sweden and Spain and also Denmark to play, they probably have the hardest run in of the 3 team with chances of qualifying

nifan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2007, 08:16:26 AM »
I would say that the chances of qualification are very slim, but I thought that before the latvia game.
Really we are relying on spain to slip up again, and sweden to beat the others.

I still hope we can do it, but im not confident.

nifan

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »
As for the arrests there was 2 things at play here.

1 was a scum element amongst our support, a lot of guys I know where saying there was definately a larger number of dicks than usual at this game. Dont know what it is - band wagon jumpers/cheap flights/cheap drink.

The other was the cops lifting boys, taking them round the corner and releasing them for a fine. Warned about this before, and pretty common in Riga with tourist apparently, and soem other places in eastern europe/russia.

Bensars

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »
As for the arrests there was 2 things at play here.

1 was a scum element amongst our support, a lot of guys I know where saying there was definately a larger number of dicks than usual at this game. Dont know what it is - band wagon jumpers/cheap flights/cheap drink.

The other was the cops lifting boys, taking them round the corner and releasing them for a fine. Warned about this before, and pretty common in Riga with tourist apparently, and soem other places in eastern europe/russia.

If youre insinuating that the local police were arresting NI supporters to pocket the fine, then letting them go, it would not be on the offical figures therefore putting the actual arrests at a much higher level !

I suspect that Mr Fearon will be honing his letter writing skills as we speak

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »
I suspect that Mr Fearon will be honing his letter writing skills as we speak

I was wondering why he hasn't been on today!  :D
Testing Accessibility

nifan

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2007, 02:32:20 PM »
Bensars, i was saying that both these events occured.
I said that there where some scumbags about, and these guys got lifted for fighting etc.
Some people did get arrested for "minor" things like public pissing etc also, but from what i am hearing a few boys seemed happy to start something which is pathetic.

The fine thing is something that happened also, and yes it wont be recorded, though it is being discussed. Nothing surprising - happens in a lot of places as i said.

nifan

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2007, 02:41:40 PM »
Was sorry to see N.Ireland lost the other night..Pity that they lost two of their easier games in the group ie Iceland and Latvia because they would have a great chance of qualifying otherwise.Alas i think it will prove to much for them now.

Hard to know if we hadnt lost the iceland game so badly how things would have gone - it may have given them the kick up the backside they needed

hopefully this result can be a similar kick up the ass.

ExiledGael

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2007, 04:22:46 PM »
Doubt that NI will emerge from the group now, but nonetheless it was a difficult ask from the start and they can certainly take a lot from the campaign. They really seem to struggle when the onus is on them to take the game to teams. it suits them to sit and absorb then hit teams on the break and defend what they have. Dominating the opposition seems to be a real problem, especially when it's a middle ranked team who'm they ought to be beating

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2007, 04:24:01 PM »
The NI team seem to have more pride in their shirt than the RoI team do at present.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2007, 04:31:01 PM »
The NI team seem to have more pride in their shirt than the RoI team do at present.

I agree..Especially the likes of John O'Shea who seems to put in more of an effort for his club than he does for his country
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2007, 05:57:45 PM »
It all pales in comparison to the pride that the  Monaghan team have for their shirt :)

I hear that Healy is out or at least a serious doubt for Wed evening according to Skysports
latest flash just in type of news item.

nifan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2007, 08:25:34 PM »
Healy, Gillespie and Evans all sat out training but are all expected to be fit last i heard.
I certainly hope so, but better service is essential if healy is actually going to do anything while on the pitch.

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2007, 10:16:49 PM »
northern Ireland and the Republic are two mediocre sides. The only chance they have of regularly qualifying for the major tournaments is merging the two teams together. The sooner this is done the better for (almost) all concerned.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

the milkman

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »
Your not wrong friend!