Author Topic: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)  (Read 106320 times)

wallyman

• View Profile
Re: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)
« Reply #435 on: December 19, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »
Any tips going round today?

I missed the boat for the christmas tip!!

The Gs Man

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 19, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »
Defeats for Glentoran, Linfield, Glenavon.....

That'd have been a tidy wee treble....

I smell a rat...
Keep 'er lit

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 19, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »

I smell a rat...

Was thinking the same myself wen i saw tat, the IL is always a bookies nightmare, i dunno why they even take bets on this league to be honest.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tonto

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 20, 2009, 01:06:21 PM »

I smell a rat...
Wise up, Linfield and Glens chasing the title would not throw a game (incidentally, Newry only won because of a penalty) and Glenavon have had ZERO winds, two draws and 7 defeats now in their last nine games (2 points from 27 for the mathematically challenged amongst us) so can hardly afford to throw a game (let alone seven!) :D

wallyman

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 20, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »

I smell a rat...
Wise up, Linfield and Glens chasing the title would not throw a game (incidentally, Newry only won because of a penalty) and Glenavon have had ZERO winds, two draws and 7 defeats now in their last nine games (2 points from 27 for the mathematically challenged amongst us) so can hardly afford to throw a game (let alone seven!) :D

Yeah, the league is whiter than white  ::)

Tonto

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 20, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »

I smell a rat...

Who said that?

Don't just make things up, makes you out to be a bit of a shit-stirrer. ::)

wallyman

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 20, 2009, 01:15:05 PM »

I smell a rat...

Who said that?

Surreeeeee, attack the man not the ball !

magickingdom

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 20, 2009, 01:16:27 PM »

I smell a rat...

any suggestions for the linguistically challenged ;)

Tonto

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 20, 2009, 01:19:59 PM »

I smell a rat...

Who said that?

I wasn't attacking the man.  I asked you who said the league was whiter than white.  I'm still waiting. ::)

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 24, 2009, 11:00:01 PM »

I smell a rat...

Who said that?

I wasn't attacking the man.  I asked you who said the league was whiter than white.  I'm still waiting. ::)

This league is corrupt as feck, always has been, Armagh City I am afraid were involved in match fixing several years ago, they lost b 6 in te last game of the season if memory serves and bookies refused to pay out on that result.

Of course linfield have long been the darling of the IFA and the wee Glens have also been called into question on the suspicion of 'funny football' results as have several other teams, mix in the scandal in renting their premises out to known loyalist terrorists and you have a league that is sadly rotten to the core and a slanted governing body that excludes half the population base in the north based on their Religious persuasion.

Sad stuff indeed eh Tonto.

Tonto

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 24, 2009, 11:33:13 PM »
Stew, as I alluded to previously, I never said the league was "whiter than white" which seemed to be the implication in the post from 'wallyman'.

Secondly, I was responding to the suggestion that the league was fixed simply because Linfield and Glentoran lost games in the same weekend, well guess what... Liverpool and United AND Celtic all lost last weekend too... were they also in on this huge scam?  I mean, Linfield, Glentoran, Glenavon, Celtic, Man U and Liverpool, good bet, eh? :-\

And anyway, suggesting that last weekend was fixed to produce a Glenavon, Glentoran, Linfield treble has the fatal flaw that Linfield and Glentoran have lost almost a quarter of their league games this season and Glenavon almost half!!  On that form all three losing the same weekend was bound to happen (and I can't be bothered to look but probably already has this season...).

I just wish that sometimes people would be able to see past their own prejudices and make informed judgements rather than simply ranting.

dillinger

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 25, 2009, 12:27:31 AM »

Of course linfield have long been the darling of the IFA and the wee Glens have also been called into question on the suspicion of 'funny football' results as have several other teams, mix in the scandal in renting their premises out to known loyalist terrorists and you have a league that is sadly rotten to the core and a slanted governing body that excludes half the population base in the north based on their Religious persuasion.

I think you are deranged, keep taking the tablets. Happy Christmas anyway!

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 25, 2009, 01:44:00 AM »

I think you are deranged, keep taking the tablets. Happy Christmas anyway!

The IFA has games that are fixed, there is no doubt about that, there have been teams that have rented out their property to known loyalist killers, that again is beyond a shadow of a doubt. Ask the average nationalist soccer fan in the north if the feel welcome at NI games and they will tell you no, they don't.

Whilst I was messing about just before I went to Church and posted what i did I knew there was a ring of truth to it, i dont blame the IFA for games being fixed, that is out of their control however they are to blame for the fact that they only cater to 50% of the population in the north. I know they are trying to improve that situation but they helped create the situation in the first place.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 25, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
Of much greater importance is the decision by the government to review the IFA's decision to sack their CEO, which resulted in him being awarded 400,000 by an Industrial Tribunal. The previous CEO walked out with 0.5m , so IFA cronies do very well when they get the boot.

This is a scandalous waste of public money and I hope also that the investigation extends to examine the imbalance in the religious make up of the IFA's staff, board and executive membership and its failure to engage with 45% of the six county population.

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 25, 2009, 06:12:43 PM »
Of much greater importance is the decision by the government to review the IFA's decision to sack their CEO, which resulted in him being awarded 400,000 by an Industrial Tribunal. The previous CEO walked out with 0.5m , so IFA cronies do very well when they get the boot.

This is a scandalous waste of public money and I hope also that the investigation extends to examine the imbalance in the religious make up of the IFA's staff, board and executive membership and its failure to engage with 45% of the six county population.

Funny you bring that up Tone, when i asked last year about just how many senior executives the IFA have had in their history the usual suspects on here came up with exactly none, considering that Prods make up 50% of the population I would have thought that they would have had that type of representation at the IFA,sadly no, they are 100% Protestant and always have been.
When you think about it, in recent times they have re-scheduled games to the detrement of Cliftonville when they ended up winning the league, that was to suit Linfield, Cliftonville have had to play their home games against Linfield at WP and they were very lenient when glens suporters clashed with Linfield supporters a few years ago.