Author Topic: Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)  (Read 106847 times)

spiritof91and94

• View Profile
Re: Northern Ireland on the lash..
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2007, 04:54:37 PM »
I just don't like Baird,he is an ugly cnut, plus they way he swans about, his whole demeanour, you'd think he was Franz Beckenbauer, instead of a below standard full back struggling in a team at the basement of the Premiership

Has he signed for the mighty spurs????!!!

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »
I just don't like Baird,he is an ugly cnut, plus they way he swans about, his whole demeanour, you'd think he was Franz Beckenbauer, instead of a below standard full back struggling in a team at the basement of the Premiership

When did Baird sign for Spurs?

Evil Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2007, 04:55:21 PM »
Tony,

What is it about Chris Baird that makes you form such a spiteful bitter opinion of someone you probably haven't met.

I don't suppose it's anything to do with the fact that he's a Gaelic football-playing Catholic from Rasharkin, who is also proud to have been appointed captain of NI, thereby tearing the arse out of the bigot Fearon's attempt to portray them as "mono-cultural/sectarian/Unionist bla bla bla..."?

That is, the Irish soccer team which didn't embarrass its fans last night, as they continue to contest a place in the Finals of Euro2008?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2007, 04:56:23 PM »
In fairness, I have an irrational dislike for him too. I really can't put my finger on it but he just looks like a wee dick.

Evil Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2007, 04:57:31 PM »

Do you mean Chris Baird? Or Pascal Chimbonda?  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »
so tony, is baird the white mans chimbonda; is that what yer sayin???

(was gonna equate him to that wee nip lee yung po; but couldnt mind his exact name.......)

spiritof91and94

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2007, 05:04:19 PM »

Has he signed for the mighty spurs?!!! 

When did Baird sign for Spurs?

Beat you to it!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:06:11 PM by spiritof91and94 »

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2007, 05:06:48 PM »
ballix - well, great minds and all that craic

:D :D

Great Leap Forward

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2007, 10:20:53 AM »
great leap forward; yer not gonna let tony off with that are ye.....................

I don't feel the need to defend my fellow Rasharkin man against the likes of Tony. Sure one of his heroes is Neil Lennon who comes accross the one of the biggest pricks ever to kick a ball. Lennon is probably dead on in the flesh but he gives the impression that he is an arrogant wee ****.

I have known Chrissy for over 20 years and despite what people think of his demeanour, he is a modest enouigh young lad and anybody in Southampton will tell you he worked harder than anybody to make it in the game.

his holiness nb

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2007, 10:26:48 AM »
Tony,

What is it about Chris Baird that makes you form such a spiteful bitter opinion of someone you probably haven't met.

I don't suppose it's anything to do with the fact that he's a Gaelic football-playing Catholic from Rasharkin, who is also proud to have been appointed captain of NI, thereby tearing the arse out of the bigot Fearon's attempt to portray them as "mono-cultural/sectarian/Unionist bla bla bla..."?

That is, the Irish soccer team which didn't embarrass its fans last night, as they continue to contest a place in the Finals of Euro2008?

I havent really being following it, see they got a good draw in Sweden.
How are the fixed for qualification EG, outside chance or still in their own hands?
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »
Very much an outside chance hhn,

need to win both denmark at home and spain away, and hope that sweden take at least a point in spain.

Not likely but you have to hope!

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2007, 10:51:44 AM »
More chance of Paisley being next Pope than the six counties team appearing in Austria and Switzerland next summer. 1 point maximum out of the last 6 is the best they can hope for, and I still am optimistic that they won't finish any higher than 4th place while the real Ireland team defeats the Taffs to finish third in our group, confirming that there is still only one team in Ireland ;D.

As for equating Baird with Chimbonda, Chimbonda plays for the team that finished 5th in last year's Premiership I will remind you all, and also weighs in with important goals.

Would Baird ever have got a move to the Premiership if Sanchez hadn't become Fulham manager? I don't think so

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2007, 10:52:43 AM »
good man leap; knew ye wouldnt let yer fellow "boys from the bad side o the bann" down....

i had posted around 4 y'day, but i suppose by then the workin day was well and truly oer for silly servants........ ;D

nifan

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2007, 10:59:14 AM »
Would Baird ever have got a move to the Premiership if Sanchez hadn't become Fulham manager? I don't think so

Well seeing as Roy Keane also tried to buy him, and it came down to his decision, then probably.

As for your comments as to the positions of NI and ROI, Id still rather be in contention for a place now, and have the possibility of finishing 4th, than be 7 points behind second with a game extra played and out of it.

tintin25

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2007, 11:05:14 AM »
Don't know Chris Baird, so can't comment on him personally, but anytime I've seen him play for Fulham this season he's got badly roasted!!! Not a Premiership footballer IMO.