Author Topic: Ruth Dudley Edwards: a brain to be reckoned with  (Read 5852 times)

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
Re: Ruth Dudley Edwards: a brain to be reckoned with
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2019, 08:28:53 PM »
Michelle O'Neill, Mary Lou or even Arlene Foster have political views, but they also have to make some effort to put forward a plan to achieve their political objectives. The likes of RDE just snipes from the sideline, never putting forward solutions, only sneers. However, someone else sneering at her isn't really a step forward either.
+1 !
I'd honestly say RDE's readership is in single figures and,apart from her good self of course, nobody gives a damn one way or the other.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2019, 11:38:54 PM »
Dudley Edwards at it again. These days the focus of her hate filled drivel appears to be John Finucane. In Monday's Belfast Telegraph she chastises John because of the company he keeps. That company is Conor Murphy, Gerry Kelly and Caral Ni Chuilin, who are all members of the political party of which John is a member.

Extract...

I'd love to believe that Sinn Fein are genuine about reconciliation, but they don't half make it difficult. Just look at last week and the meeting of Sinn Fein's North Belfast constituency members to select John Finucane as their candidate for the next general election to defeat the DUP's Nigel Dodds.

Mr Finucane is  even being tipped as a future Irish President. Clearly, Sinn Fein think he's very special.

I watched a video of the meeting, which began with Mr Finucane striding into the crowded room ahead of Conor Murphy, Gerry Kelly and Caral Ni Chuilin.

For someone who assures us he reaches out to unionists, craves equality for all and is hoping to win over the centre ground, his companions should have been a bit of an embarrassment.

Murphy was sentenced in 1982 to five years for possession of explosives and IRA membership; after a 1973 London bombing campaign, Kelly was sentenced to two life sentences, plus 20 years, and during a violent mass escape in 1983, shot a prison officer in the head and then went on the run; and Ni Chuilin was arrested in 1989 after trying to place a booby-trap bomb at an RUC station and was sentenced to eight years.

Now, we should be prepared to allow people to put their pasts behind them.

But when you've been involved in violent criminality, it's hardly unreasonable to expect from you some degree of contrition before you're welcomed into the fold.

I heard she was being sued for libel by the Finucanes over a Twitter post a while back.If she's done for that then it'll come out of the twisted oul hag's own bank account, not that of the papers that pay for her awful drivel. She really is an odious human being.
The Edwards tweet  in May this year "Like his father. An apologist for the IRA" looked to be a repeat of what she wrote in the Indo a few years back which the paper lost a court case about and had to pay out over 500,000 to the Finucane foundation.  She's even dumber than I had reckoned with.

red hander

• Masters of the dark arts since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »
She'll probably use the contents of the article in the Daily Gail as part of her defence to any libel. But, ironically, the Finucanes could also use it as evidence of obsessive, harassing behaviour against the family despite the fact she has been found to have committed defamation in the past. I really hope they take the old bastard for every penny she has and finally put her out of her misery.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2019, 03:45:21 PM »
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dec

• View Profile

Orior

• View Profile
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians