28 (62.2%)
Kerby
6 (13.3%)
Cribby
4 (8.9%)
Other
7 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Kerbsy, Kerby or Cribby?  (Read 1246 times)

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbsy, Kerby or Cribby?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 09:16:23 PM »
Kerbsy. Never heard of cribby until this week. In Belfast when the local lads painted the edge of the footpaths with their choice of colours... what do they call them? Cribs or kerbs?

Anyway, we had loads of different rules. Catching the rebound before it hit the ground = Double points. Throwing it behind you and over your shoulder - 50 points. Every 20 you get to go to the middle of the road. If you miss while in the middle of the road your opponent gets the chance to hit you before you get back to the safety of your own side. If hit you return to zero. Great craic. Probably a lost game now.

I remember the old fella's used to play quoits in the summer evenings. Another game that has gone now.

Ever see the big sign at the side of the road saying "Tannaghmore t**sers Quiots Club" near the Mile House?

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »
Cribby isnít just the name of the game. Itís also the name for the kerb stone. For example, you might fall and hit your head off the cribby.

Is that the same for kerbsie etc or is that just the name of the ball game?

Yous fcukers put sy or sie at end of every buckin thing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2019, 11:06:50 AM »
Cribby isnít just the name of the game. Itís also the name for the kerb stone. For example, you might fall and hit your head off the cribby.

Is that the same for kerbsie etc or is that just the name of the ball game?

Yous fcukers put sy or sie at end of every buckin thing.
In case you didnít notice, there is no sy or sie in our version of that ball game.
You fcukers say you doubt things when you actually believe them to be true. You also say that things are ďtarraĒ whether they are good or bad.
ďI doubt the weather wonít be tarra tomorrow.Ē How can anyone understand what that means?