carpenters hourly rate in the north or the south?

Started by oakleaf stateside, September 04, 2007, 01:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaf stateside

im moving back to ireland in a few months was just enquiring about the carpenters rates
Dont Do It

The Subbie

It depends oakleaf , what kind of chippie work do you do ? 1st 2nd fix, shuttering , roofing, shop fitting ?
Work is drying up in the house building end of things all right but the civil engineering industry is going full tilt at the minute.
I manage a site  for one of the big civil engineering contractors and we are really stuck for good shuttering chippies.

If you pm me i'll send you a list of rates we pay carpenters, however most lads set a rate and when they prove they can do the job right the rate increases then  there is a bonus scheme operating on our site for production.

Anyway best of luck with the move back, it'll work out no  bother.

The Real Laoislad

30euro per/hr plus VAT would be a average rate for tradesmen
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 04, 2007, 07:09:42 PM
VAT Laoislad???, and you wonder why the Nordies are getting all the work  ;)

What is this VAT word that you speak of  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 04, 2007, 06:51:55 PM

i'm building a house at the moment laoislad and all the tradesmen want is cash cash cash  i'm sure they pay their vat on that ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

T Fearon

I didn't realise Richard was still touring. I thought he'd packed it in after Karen died ???

FL/MAYO

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2007, 10:03:04 AM

i'm building a house at the moment laoislad and all the tradesmen want is cash cash cash  i'm sure they pay their vat on that ;)

Deel Rover,what does it cost to build a house these days, will be moving back in a few years and was wondering how much per square foot an average house would cost to build? I already have the site, just wondering on the building costs. Also are you building in the Mayo area?

blast05

Not alone tradesmen - established builders providers will even deal in cash only down in Mayo !!

dodo

Quote from: blast05 on September 05, 2007, 02:42:50 PM
Not alone tradesmen - established builders providers will even deal in cash only down in Mayo !!

You must be one dodgy f**ker  :P

oneillcup2007

Allow about £50 a square foot for building cribs.

The Subbie

Quote from: FL/MAYO on September 05, 2007, 02:36:21 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2007, 10:03:04 AM

Deel Rover,what does it cost to build a house these days, will be moving back in a few years and was wondering how much per square foot an average house would cost to build? I already have the site, just wondering on the building costs. Also are you building in the Mayo area?

Check out aksaboutmoney.com they have a good few threads devoted to this

blast05

QuoteYou must be one dodgy f**ker

I didn't suggest that i availed of this  :o

:P

pintsofguinness

If they didn't make the paying tax so complicated they'd get more people paying it!

QuoteAllow about £50 a square foot for building cribs.
At least.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 05, 2007, 08:25:06 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 05, 2007, 05:42:59 PM
QuoteAllow about £50 a square foot for building cribs.
At least.

I was told to allow £75

Wise.  50 is the cheap end, I wouldn't like to be relying on that figure! (I'd actually be surprised if you got it now) I know ones that charge £100 - though that would be built up areas.   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?