How is Henry Shefflin ?

Started by orangeman, September 03, 2007, 11:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon

Bad news for Henry but let's keep things in perspective - it's not the worst possible news. He'd be as well taking a year to get over it properly, then hopefully he can come back as good as ever. If he rushes it there's a dangor that he'll come back before he's ready.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Its bad news for Henry alright but more so for Ballyhale his club than for Kilkenny so from a Kilkenny perspective it couldn't have happened at a "better time" if you know what I mean. I expect Henry to be left out of the Kilkenny squad the whole way to the Q finals/S finals next year by which stage he should be fine.

Let's remember that JJ Deleney had a similar injury last year and he returned for the All Ireland series so that at least should eb some comfort to him. The fact that he works for a Bank will also help as he will get plenty of flexibility at work to facilitate his recovery. The difficultly is that an injury of this type can "steal" a half yard of pace from you even with a full recovery and at this level that has a serious impact. In Down it has happened to Dule not once but twice and even when he came back the last time wasn't the same player in terms of pace etc. 

orangeman

Was JJ Delayney's a cruciate as well ? He has made some recovery ! How long was he out for ?

From the Bunker

Horrible Luck. Luckily with todays advancements in Science it can be sorted, Years ao you were a goner. Wish him all the best, will be a tough year. This is where the amateur ethos can be cruel, as it restricts giving 100% to recovery. Fingers crossed King Henry will be back in some capacity next summer.

Hardy

Henry was on the radio this evening - think it was with that Matt Cooper - and he said he was told he should be back in six months. He was a most impressive man to listen to.

SouthArmaghBandit

Great player; great fella. Get well soon! I can say no more.

orangeman

Matt Cooper show ? RTE ? Where can you get transcript ? Podcast available ?

aontroim

Matt Cooper - The Last Word - on Today FM Mon-Fri 4:30-7pm - you can get recordings from the todayfm website.

orangeman

the ship

sure he wont be needed till the all ireland semi final next year so he should have plenty of time to recover.

the procastenator

hes grand, wats chattin to him yesterday

Balboa

Quote from: the procastenator on September 08, 2007, 05:44:36 PM
hes grand, wats chattin to him yesterday

You mean "grand" other than a busted cruciate?

orangeman

theskull1

read the procrastinators posts .......he must have a helicopter to get round the country to, so he must be a VIP. We should listen to what he has to say
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on September 09, 2007, 04:01:47 PM
read the procrastinators posts .......he must have a helicopter to get round the country to, so he must be a VIP. We should listen to what he has to say

Aye i see he was talking to Joe Canning too, he must have teddy bears named Henry Shefflin & Joe Canning. He sounds a bit like Sambo when he had his column in Irish News, "i was talking to my good friend (Sean Og, Martin Storey, DJ, Brian Cody) during the week"