Cody vs Loughnane

Started by Bord na Mona man, September 03, 2007, 09:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Mad as he may be, there is logic to what Loughnane is doing.
Referees have been less lenient this year on Kilkenny than before.
Kirwan gave Limerick most of the calls last Sunday, though lets not forget that Cody gave him hell in Thurles in '04 when Kilkenny played Galway. He's hardly going to be well deposed to Kilkenny after Cody's behaviour that day.

In '04 Donal O'Grady highlighted Kilkenny's tendency for putting in head high tackles and how Cork were training how to deal with it.
It helped Cork's cause in the final that year. How true it was is another matter, it put the referee on his guard. O'Grady wasn't dismissed as a mad man or an unsporting so and so back then.

It's hardly news that Kilkenny are physical side though. In fact they were tame enough this year compared to other years.

orangeman

Agree with you Bordnamona - but I think that KK will now have the sympathy of the referee - what happened on Sunday was the referee started to give nothing to KK simply because KK had such a lead and in truth he was simply trying to make a game of it, which with Limerick's help, he did.

Cody now was the high moral ground.

Loughnane has lost massive respect even amongst members of his own great team.

Balboa

How exactly would you survive in top level intercounty hurling without having "an edge" or being "physical"? Quite a few of the teams are at similar levels and the smallest margins will be the difference in winning and losing. Its not as if Kilkenny are a pile of hatchet men, they are all in fantastic physical shape and are able to stand up for themselves allied to being fantastic hurlers. Shefflin is a prime example, best player i have seen but he doesent get thrown around much either.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 05, 2007, 12:43:49 PM
Kirwan gave Limerick most of the calls last Sunday, though lets not forget that Cody gave him hell in Thurles in '04 when Kilkenny played Galway. He's hardly going to be well deposed to Kilkenny after Cody's behaviour that day.

Kirwan was fairly Seamus Roche-esque on sunday alright. But if he holds a gridge he shouldn't be given the game, simple as that. I recall the Village playing Oulart in Leinster a couple of years back, a week after Liam Dunne released his book. The ref that day was Pat Horan, the self same Horan who got an awful slating off Dunne. Whatever you think about Pat Horan as a ref he certainly didn't ref that game like a lad holding a grudge, and more power to him for it.

maxpower

thats why balboa i think too much is being read into loughnane's remarks.  i don't think in this day and age you could win and serious championship of any description without having an edge.  to suggest that GAC need to have a look into KK actions is where Loughnanes motives are questonable,

Kilkenny are well able to mix the physical stuff, as are kerry in the football, thats why both are so good, well that and the many mant talented players, lol.

I think most hurlingsupporters enjoy KK style of hurling, despitebeing at the top table for so long all aroun the country there seems nothing but goodwill for the cats, i certainly would prefer a physical team like KK rather than the gamesmanship, diving etc that is gradually creeping into hurling
What happens next????

orangeman

Have to agree with you Maxpower  - KK are a fantastic side and fair play to them and morepower to the team that beats them.

heurebag

was talkin to cody the other day, think hes intrested in bringin young tony butler into the fray for motivational techniques

heurebag

butler could motivate a dead donkey

hes a genuis

orangeman

Who is this Butler man ? Where's he from ? What's he done ?

heurebag

he was a main part in bringing limerick to the for, he did/does work with alot of irelands top atheltes including sonia o sullivan and ronan mc shane to name but a few

Rav67

pay no attention to heurebag he's a serial spoofer who would not be talking to Cody the past few days cos he'd have been in school at the other end of the country

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: heurebag on October 04, 2007, 07:54:35 PM
he was a main part in bringing limerick to the for, he did/does work with alot of irelands top atheltes including sonia o sullivan and ronan mc shane to name but a few
Well I've never heard of him and he doesn't appear in google in any way connected to the above mentioned.
More likely you're spouting shite like in your other posts about supposedly talking to Cody and Stephen O'Neill's surgeon.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Rav67 on October 04, 2007, 08:18:20 PM
pay no attention to heurebag he's a serial spoofer who would not be talking to Cody the past few days cos he'd have been in school at the other end of the country
That seems to be the case all right.

heurebag

rav is a needledcik, i was talkin to cody shurly

i dont go to school, i work in a bakery

orangeman