my name is billy...

Started by lawnseed 2, September 02, 2007, 10:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed 2

just a word of warning about the beeb. ffs be careful i caught this outfit red handed digging for dirt on the gaa only two weeks ago. during the darren graham affair (prod fermanagh hurler i think thats his name) the talkback programme were giving the "its a disgrace blah blah" brigade about as much air time as they could. i sent them the following text to 81771 " my name is billy the boys i play with call me names but i just laugh it off" not 20seconds later i was contacted by a bbc researcher wanting to know what names i was called and all about my abuse. i told her i didnt want to bad mouth the gaa but she insisted i show go on air and talk about it. i then informed her that i was infact a gaa official and that i had caught her deliberatly digging up unsubstanciated dirt on the association and that i intended to make my discovery public and she hung up. i rang this information into the irish news off the fence but they didnt want to know. now they have went to town on ger cavlin for his actions that have nothing to do with the gaa in an investigation spanning 18mths. whilst i dont agree with his actions they are determained to ruin his football career which i find despicable especially when the footage they use of him they had to buy off rte. if you have nothing else to do try something like "my name is gintas im from latvia i tried to join the gaa but they wont let me play" or hi my name is trevor and the gaa wont let me or my boyfriend play hurling. you are gauranteed a response within seconds. if you want to tell the listners about how sucessful your underage blitz was or how youve just won a few games forget it. this crowd will stoop to any level to discredit us but the worst part is we have to pay them whether we like it or not its the law now that a real discrace!! PS IVE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT THEY ARE NOWHERE IN THE RUNNING FOR ANY LIVE COVERAGE OR HIGHLIGHTS IN ANY OF THE TV CONTRACTS ABOUT TO BE AWARDED BY THE GAA. so basically they dont give a s--t what damage they do

Orior

Agreed, and well done but we shouldnt stoop to their level.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed 2

a few lads should set up a similar type sting operation filmed with hidden cameras of these low-lifes trying to get them to go on air a blacken the gaa that would make interesting viewing on the board.. mobile phones etc ;)

Bogball XV

Quote from: lawnseed 2 on September 02, 2007, 10:11:28 PMyou are gauranteed a response within seconds. if you want to tell the listners about how sucessful your underage blitz was or how youve just won a few games forget it. this crowd will stoop to any level to discredit us but the worst part is we have to pay them whether we like it or not its the law now that a real discrace!! PS IVE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT THEY ARE NOWHERE IN THE RUNNING FOR ANY LIVE COVERAGE OR HIGHLIGHTS IN ANY OF THE TV CONTRACTS ABOUT TO BE AWARDED BY THE GAA. so basically they dont give a s--t what damage they do
Well why the fcuk would talkback be interested in how your underage blitz went - ffs lads, this paranoia is really getting out of hand.  As for the highlights etc, that's really a gaa greed issue - see the other thread.

lawnseed 2

if you care to remember last years compromise rules match for example an international match over two weeks much like the cricket. the bbc never once mentioned that the games were even taking place despite the fact that there were 9 six county players on the panel. the first reference to the games was that graham geraty had been cited by the aussies for rough play on the thursday after the game in galway they did not give the score at any time. after the second game and the violence on the pitch the game was headline news on the radio at six in the morning i rang them to ask who won im still waiting for a reply they continued this topic until i personally informed them that i was reporting them to OFCOM pointing out that they were totally baised in their coverage then it was miraculsly dropped. make no mistake bogball they have an agenda. i have been keeping a record of their coverage noting positive reporting such as scores read out or pre-match reports versus negative stuff such as the battle of omagh, the aussie rules, players taking the gaa to court over discisions. i can tell you that the negative stuff is about 8.5 times more than the positive. if you dont believe me try texting them that you were at a match and the toilets were filthy and see how long it is until your contacted by someone withholding their number then try telling them that it was a great game and see which subject they want to talk about. what annoys six county gaels so much is that we are paying these guys wages to give us fair and equitable media coverage befitting the biggest spectater sport in their broadcasting area and they are not doing their job

Datsun Donaghy

Quotewhilst i dont agree with his actions they are determained to ruin his football career

I think Mr Cavlan has managed to do that without the BBC's help.

As a role model to children involved in GAA he is a disgrace - I don't believe that Mickey Harte or the Tyrone County Board will have him near their team ever again.
They were right to back him when the court case against him collapsed, however it appears that their loyalty has been fired back in their faces.