Derry V Galway MFC

Started by the procastenator, September 02, 2007, 12:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailestil

Quote from: Doire abú on September 05, 2007, 03:45:38 PM
How many medals do an All-Ireland winning team get?

Is it 30? If so its a disgrace that some lad who's been there all year miss out on a medal for some lad who's only brought in for thr final.

Its 30. Though i think they can only list 24 on match day.

Why is 30 not enough? What size is the Minor panel? Who is the guy who has been brought in?

Doire abú

Well I know you're now allowed 30 players on a panel as opposed to 24.

There were 30 guys togged out for the last days. If Thomas McKeever comes in, someone will not be allowed to tog out on All-Ireland final day.

bailestil

This story about yer man is obviously a load of balls. I wouldn't worry about it.
I think they've coped quite alright without him, whoever he is.

imtommygunn

I think you're treating this thread rather more seriously than it deserves to be treated!

Take a look at the other threads this same boy has started and then see if he deserves to be taken seriously.

the procastenator

leave me alone, i jus read it on the derry guestbook, im simply jus sayin wat i saw

Stmalachy

What club is he from and what has done to reccomend himself.

tbrick18

Anyone know how many tickets the counties involved in the minor final will get?

fer fox ache

Derry got 2,501 tickets, good job about that odd ticket, it'll make all the difference

bailestil

Considering Club Derry get option of 2 each.
That leaves a grand total of 1,501, / around 40 clubs. Average of 30-50 Tickets per club!
Nothing!

oneillcup2007

Sure didnt they have less than a 1000 at some senior matches this year,  I suppose Derry fanbase is swelling dramatically now theres medals to be given out.  Fair play to the derry minor manager he must be in line for manager of the year with the way he turned a negative Ulster final dodgy point defeat into something more important  - an AiF appearance.   

bailestil

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on September 06, 2007, 04:52:50 PM
Sure didnt they have less than a 1000 at some senior matches this year,  I suppose Derry fanbase is swelling dramatically now theres medals to be given out.  Fair play to the derry minor manager he must be in line for manager of the year with the way he turned a negative Ulster final dodgy point defeat into something more important  - an AiF appearance.   

What match was that lad?

There was a big crowd down in Navan from Derry. Definitely a lot more than 2000.

Never you guys worry about us and our ticket allocation anyway! Unless you happen to source any and send it my way

the procastenator

sure derry had bout 200 at clones V armagh

jodyb

Bailestil, is that really true about club Derry members, or are you takin the p#ss? I know a good few club Tyrone members and they get no such option, nor have they ever.

bailestil

Yeah club derry are getting the option of 2 from what I've heard. But i'm told there is around 200 member so It'll be a good bit less than the figure i quoted. But i'm hearing that allocations are going to be very low. I remember in 2002 anyone who donated 100quid to the training fund got a ticket so its nothing new. At the end of the day its gonna cost money and They're looking to balance the books.

Doire abú

Giving Club Derry members a ticket is one thing...but giving them two?!!!