Derry V Galway MFC

Started by the procastenator, September 02, 2007, 12:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the procastenator

thomas mc keever is supposed to be in with a chance of startin

darbyo

Should be a great game, it's half as good as either of the semi's it will be well worth going to. I reckon it'll be the game of the day.

darbyo

Laois and Dublin maybe a bit unlucky not to be involved?.....a good sign for the championship over the next couple of years?

Jimbobjnr

mckeever hasnt been involved all year. but i hear they are going to finally call him up to the squad for the final. they could really do with him. its a disgrace anyway that our best player hasnt played all year because of one silly drinking incident when he showed more than he should...

Jimbobjnr

i know it is, but whats more important, winning an all ireland final or keeping everyone happy?

thebuzz

"Unless everyone is happy, Derry will not win the All Ireland. I really hope the management don't do this but I don't rate Conway (I blame him for throwing away the big lead the last day) so you never know. What is it with Derry? They always seem to bring unnecessary trouble into their camp. You have brought 30(?) very talented lads through some of the toughest tests they may ever face in Gaelic Football and at the last minute you are prepared to throw the cat among the pigeons and bring in a lad who hasn't played or proved himself in inter county football this year. I really think it stinks to high heaven and that it would be a big mistake. If I was a member of the panel I would be fuming. Say there are two or three boys busting their balls two or three times a week to get the one position and this 'new' lad walks into it. You'd be furious. All the lads on the team who have made great friendships with each other this year would be furious. It will only end in tears."

Why change a winning formula? Even if the lad is the best player how can it be handled that it doesn't turn out like the Eoin Bradley situation? (Not blaming Eoin). If he hasn't played all year he has to be ring rusty. In a situation where all the other players are happy it might be ok. Galway can't be under estimated. They were excellent against Kerry I thought. Sometimes if a team beats the favourites coming up to a final they think they just have to turn up. Hope this doesn't happen.

Doire abú

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2007, 03:06:01 AM
Unless everyone is happy, Derry will not win the All Ireland. I really hope the management don't do this but I don't rate Conway (I blame him for throwing away the big lead the last day) so you never know.

Don't think it was Niall's fault in fairness. He brought one man back because JF Bradley (by no real fault of his own) was getting dragged way up the pitch and leavinbg massive gaps through the middle. However too many men came back (I suppose instictively when you're defending a lead). I could see Niall where I was shouting constantly at players in get on up the pitch. He was constantly shouting that for the last five minutes.

the procastenator

mc keever is a 15 st horse of a lad at full back, hes quick off the mark and he would be a good shoe-in at full back if things are going wrong

Jimbobjnr

imtommygunn

I wouldn't get carried away by what is nothing more than speculation from a source no-one knows is in anyway reliable!!

Derry have done well to get this far. Galway are a good team and they'll do well to beat them but they're in with a great shout.

whiskeysteve

colm 'bomber' mcgoldrick for derrys midfield
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

mouview

Hope Galway can emulate the Rossie's win from last year, so Lyster can ask O'Rourke if there's something wrong with Connacht football, which he constantly seems to think there is.

the procastenator

stay off the whiskey.....................................................................whiskey steve

Doire abú

How many medals do an All-Ireland winning team get?

Is it 30? If so its a disgrace that some lad who's been there all year miss out on a medal for some lad who's only brought in for thr final.

Black and white

the county board buy the rest themselves everybody involved in the panel will get a medal