GAA ALLSTARS 2007 ????

Started by SLIGONIAN, August 31, 2007, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quotecomment by osoneill
posted 14 Hours Ago

I can't believe Peter Canavan didn't get a nomination. What does he have to do? Having won 2 All-Irelands, played in 3 finals, lifted countless All-Stars, the least they could do is nominate him for an All-Star. Albeit he just played CHB for his club's reserves this year, we simply shouldn't ignore his potential. Let's hope he proves them wrong next year and in the years to come.

add comment | complain about this comment

comment by sirhardstation
posted 14 Hours Ago

It is an absolute disgrace that Peter Canavan has been excluded from this years All Star nominations. This man has given us GAA followers so much over the years and it has all been thrown back in his face. I hope that they do the right thing and include him.

comment by billymcvilla
posted 12 Hours Ago

Gormley, McCloy and Bradley should get one. I think Monaghan will get one for their great year, Freeman or Dessie Mone probably the most likely

comment by neverkicktaball
posted 12 Hours Ago

If the O'Se's, the Brogan's and the Freeman's all get a nomination then why not Peter and Pascal Canavan. It's a disgrace that both of them have been left out 

comment by Ciarrai_Mike
posted 11 Hours Ago

Who is this Peter Canavan fellow, Did he play for Armagh or Derry at some stage?

Anyway I want to nominate him for another All Star whoever he is, he might catch up with the great Pat Spillane yet!!

How in the name of Jerome Quinn and his holy donkey did Ulster teams get 11 Nominations and not even a minimum of an All Ireland semi final appearance from any of the Ulster 9 in the last 2 championships. I suppose it a bit of a consolation for the highly competitive Ulster championship, or as some call it "The Championship".

Sam says hi from his Kingdom to all his friends in Ulster.

comment by osoneill
posted 11 Hours Ago

Ciarrai_Mike appears to have some form of early dementia if he cannot recall that heavenly fellow who waltzed through the Kerry defence to nail a three-pointer in the All-Ireland Final of 2005, to maintain Tyrone's now 21 year unbeaten record against the kingdom.

I'm positive the All-Star nominators will consider a rethink when they realise what they've done. It's akin to Blasphemy.

As for Jerome, shame on you. Who is this Sean Kavanagh you write of?

comment by Bellaghyabu
posted 11 Hours Ago

Did Sean Cavanagh play midfield this year - never saw him in that part of the field ! Fearghal Doherty has to get one - oufielded the whole of Dublin.

comment by Bellaghyabu
posted 11 Hours Ago

Paddy Bradley has to get an award - part of the Derry team that held Tyrone scoreless last year, part of the Derry team that beat Armagh this year, part of the Derry team that'll beat Kerry next year. Easily the best forward in Glenullin.

comment by Derry_Gael
posted 45 Minutes Ago

Would love to see big doc getting a all star has been brilliant for Derry this year. Saying that all three Derry players deserve the award.

comment by Uctoshocked
posted 34 Minutes Ago

Surely the boy Cúchulainn deserves a nod this year. Admittedly he's best known for his prowess with the stick, but some of his performances with the bigger ball have been top class. Unlikely to go down well with the animal cruelty set, but you can't please all the people all the time.

Great post Uctoshocked.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tintin25

I reckon this will be the team;

1.Cluxton
2.M O'Shea
3.McCloy
4.Gormley
5.T O'Shea
6.O'Mahoney
7.Young
8.Whelan
9.Murphy
10.A.Brogan
11.O'Sullivan
12.Bray
13.Cooper
14.Donaghey/Bradley (Can't decide.....It's funny cause Bradley has been no-where near as good as he was in previous years and he missed out then so if he were to get one now your basically basing it on the fact he was over-looked before IMO.)
15.Freeman

Shouldn't be far out.

ONeill

Young'uns get away with anything nowadays. Years ago there'd have been no All-Stars for anyone caught bating referees.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Buckass

D Murphy(Kerry)

Marc O'Se(kerry)
Canty(Cork).......they have to get one
Ross Donovan(Sligo)

Barry Cahill(Dublin)
Tomas O Se(Kerry)
Killian Young(Kerry)

D O Se(Kerry)
S Cavanagh(Tyrone)

N Joyce(Galway)
D O'Sullivan(Kerry)
S Bray(Meath)

Cooper(Kerry)
Donaghy(Kerry)
Freeman(Monaghan)

8 Kerry,1 Cork,1 Dub,1 Meath,1 Sligo,1 Tyrone, 1 Monagan, 1 Galway

Over the Bar

QuoteI can't believe ppl are suggesting Cavanagh! He had an average year.

Since he has set the standard, an average year for Cavanagh would still be almighty year for most others. 

longball

was shocked  :o to see R Mulgrew got a nomination. fair play to the lad!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Wee Roddy

Lads I hpe he does but I cant see big Sean getting one.

Bensars

Anyone who suggests Cluxton for keeper should be banned immediatley from the board !!

;D ;D

Quote from: tintin25 on September 27, 2007, 09:59:55 AM
I reckon this will be the team;

1.Cluxton
2.M O'Shea
3.McCloy
4.Gormley
5.T O'Shea
6.O'Mahoney
7.Young
8.Whelan
9.Murphy
10.A.Brogan
11.O'Sullivan
12.Bray
13.Cooper
14.Donaghey/Bradley (Can't decide.....It's funny cause Bradley has been no-where near as good as he was in previous years and he missed out then so if he were to get one now your basically basing it on the fact he was over-looked before IMO.)
15.Freeman

Shouldn't be far out.

You wouldnt be a Dub by any chance ? ::)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Goalkeepers:   Diarmuid Murphy (Kerry).

Full-backs: Marc O Se (Kerry); Kevin McCloy (Derry);  Conor Gormley (Tyrone); 

Half-backs: Tomas O Se (Kerry); Barry Cahill (Dublin);  Damien Freeman (Monaghan);

Midfield: Darragh O Se (Kerry);  Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone);

Half-forwards: Declan O'Sullivan (Kerry); Paul Galvin (Kerry); Anthony Moyles (Meath);

Full-forwards: Colm Cooper (Kerry); Thomas Freeman (Monaghan); Paddy Bradley (Derry);   

Sin é é  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hoof Hearted

any kerry men going for AS in a row ??
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

small white mayoman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 27, 2007, 10:54:14 AM
Goalkeepers:   Diarmuid Murphy (Kerry).

Full-backs: Marc O Se (Kerry); Kevin McCloy (Derry);  Conor Gormley (Tyrone); 

Half-backs: Tomas O Se (Kerry); Barry Cahill (Dublin);  Damien Freeman (Monaghan);

Midfield: Darragh O Se (Kerry);  Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone);

Half-forwards: Declan O’Sullivan (Kerry); Paul Galvin (Kerry); Anthony Moyles (Meath);

Full-forwards: Colm Cooper (Kerry); Thomas Freeman (Monaghan); Paddy Bradley (Derry);  

Sin é é  ;)

No cork man at all Fosb surely they will have to get one for getting to the aif, then again sometimes is easier to get an allstar if you get knocked out earlier in the competition rather than to get to the final and have a bad day 
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'm aware of that small white mayoman, but I can't see either Sligo or Cork getting an All-Star. It's one thing being beaten, but another thing being beaten and being beaten badly, and that will count against the selections I feel, and no disrespect to either county.

full back

Cork will end up with none
WTF is going on that Vaughan is there?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Like I said, those are only my opinion, I could be completely wrong. If I were picking a team from the the All-Star nominees, that's who I would have in it. What's yours?

Over the Bar

QuoteRemind what the score against Meath was again! Comprehensive is a word that comes to mind

Just holding on to scrape a two point lead against the most depleted Tyrone side this millennium is hardly brings the word 'comprehensive' to mind.........