Carton gets suspended

Started by Craigyhill Terror, August 31, 2007, 02:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Punxsutawney Fergal

INDIANA

In reaching their decision, the GAC rejected the Waterford County Board's appeal that the provincial championships are a different competition from the All-Ireland championships. (in relation to the 2004 suspension). so he did appeal he just didn't go to the HIgh Court.
There is another one off the list- jesus the DCB really broke with tradition by appealing.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Punxsutawney Fergal on September 11, 2007, 03:40:08 PM
Quote from: the ship on September 11, 2007, 02:11:37 PM
what were they?

He de-bollocked a guy before and got away with it ;)

nope. I don't appreciate that comment either. What happened in the incident you refer to is far from a laughing matter.

ormondeboy

what was different about Mullane's case?

ormondeboy

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2007, 01:09:31 PM
will you ever get over it. Nobody here defended Carton from Dublin we all said he shouldn't have played - but the bottom line is this the DCB's attempt to get him cleared was similar to every other county board in keeping with the general appeal everything attitude within the politics of the GAA.. Trying to use that to justify dublin 's defeat does a dis-service to the rest of the panel who trained their arse off all year just to be beaten by a far better team. They aren't deserving to be assassinated by the liikes of you -because of the crass and dangerous actions of one player
you really are a sanctimonius git. you would be far better served going around the local hostelries in Tipperary picking up your minor stars who invariably find themselves perched on the end of a bar stool still claiming free gargle from an all-ireand minor win from years previously talking about themselves being could have been's- should have been wannabe senio rinter county hurlers.

1. With all due respect to your relations they know fvck all about Tipp hurling if they think that minors hitting the bottle is THE reason we are not winning senior All-Irelands. I'll pull you and anybody else up on this all day if you have the time. Bearing in mind minor All-Irelands won, give us a few examples and less of the glib comments from your second cousins. To be honest this smacks of  (excuse the term, I use it only to make a point) " some of my best friends are n!ggers ". Back up your statement or shut up.

2. You made a statement above claiming the DCB acted the same "as every other county board" in clearing Carton. This is patently untrue as there is a precedent for county boards accepting suspensions. Eamonn Corcoran missed most of the Munster Championship as a result of his suspension. The Meath/Farrell case stands for itself. Until I'm informed otherwise John Mullane did not grease appeal after appeal after appeal. The DCB acted with as much integrity on the field as Carton did on it. Fvckin' none.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: ormondeboy on September 13, 2007, 10:35:22 AM
what was different about Mullane's case?

nothing different about the case itself. The extenuating factors were that he was due up in court at the time on other charges (they never ended up in court, but they didn't know at the time that was going to be the case).

INDIANA

Until I'm informed otherwise John Mullane did not grease appeal after appeal after appeal

read the newspaper archives - they went as far as they could without going to court. I can't help it if you're illiterate .

INDIANA

Tipperary GAA chiefs have appealed the 12-week suspension handed to star hurling defender Eamonn Corcoran.

Corcoran received the heavy sentence after a clash with Galway's Kenneth Burke in the league last month.

Tipp have argued that Corcoran's suspension was out of order as it was instigated on the word of a fourth official and not referee or linesman. 

to help some of the tipp people who are literally challenged- the above is from the newspaper archives of the independent. if you have argument ormondeboy come back to me with the facts this time rather than your own delusions! Tipp appealed it to the death until they were ruled out of order by Central Council.

ormondeboy

Quote from: INDIANA on September 13, 2007, 01:35:52 PM
Until I'm informed otherwise John Mullane did not grease appeal after appeal after appeal

read the newspaper archives - they went as far as they could without going to court. I can't help it if you're illiterate .

You obviously have no intention nor the ability I'd wager, to address the points above. "Best be thought a fool and remain silent, rather than open your mouth and confirm it". That particular train has left in your case.

INDIANA

the only tulip here is you mate damned by your own utterances. I'll ask the question Did Tipp chiefs appeal the Corcoran -yes!

The first is that whatever the outcome of a Waterford appeal to John Mullane's suspension is going to be the GAC should make their decision as soon as possible, issue it and then close the matter

taken from the archives! Go back back to your abacus Ormondeboy!

Onlooker

If the attitude of the Dublin County Board towards serious foul play is what it appears from the actions over the last couple of months, then it is just as well that their hurlers are a long way away from being serious contenders in the NHL or the Leinster or All Ireland Championships.   2 Leinster Minor titles without an appearance in an All Ireland Final and a 5 goal defeat in an All Ireland Under 21 Final after winning out in Leinster do not suggest that Dublin are about to become the 2nd best team in Leinster, however much Wexford and Offaly have gone back in standard.

the ship

indiana you must have got some hiding when you were on holidays with your cousins the simpsons in tipp, your absolute hatred of all things tipp is a sad sight to behold.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: Onlooker on September 13, 2007, 03:27:53 PM
If the attitude of the Dublin County Board towards serious foul play is what it appears from the actions over the last couple of months, then it is just as well that their hurlers are a long way away from being serious contenders in the NHL or the Leinster or All Ireland Championships.   2 Leinster Minor titles without an appearance in an All Ireland Final and a 5 goal defeat in an All Ireland Under 21 Final after winning out in Leinster do not suggest that Dublin are about to become the 2nd best team in Leinster, however much Wexford and Offaly have gone back in standard.

I don't agree with all this anti-Dublin attitude! They are only doing what every other county board is doing! I think Dublin minors were unlucky against Cork but to be honest they still would have lost to what was a great Tipp minor team. The Dublin management must take the blame for their big defeat in the U21, any fool looking at Dublin in the Leinster Championship could tell that their full back line needed a major shake up, Dublin competed everywhere on the park with Galway but for one important place - an exceptional full forward line faced a very poor full back line.

Dublin are doing a great job at getting young guys hurling! It is a much harder job to get young guys hurling in a City where there are some many options available to them. I know where I come from (like most hurling Counties) it's a case of pucking a ball around or die of boredom! In Dublin it's not a case of a guy jumping on his bike and be training in 15 mins, it's probably leaving at half four to sit in traffic for 2 hours to be there for training at 7pm. I congratulate these young guys for giving that commitment to play hurling!

Onlooker

Do you agree with the Dublin County Board that Carton should not have been suspended?.

Punxsutawney Fergal

No! it was assault and Carton should have got suspended from all of Dublins Championship games next year.

However I don't think it is fair that the Dublin hurlers should be lambasted for what their County board did!