Carton gets suspended

Started by Craigyhill Terror, August 31, 2007, 02:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Don't agree with Carton getting back as I thought the pull was horrendous however the Dubs have done nothing more than any other county would and have done in the past. No county has covered themselves in glory regarding issues like this so even though Carton is cleared and I don't like it I think ti is wrong to "blame" the whole Dub U21 and indeed hurling set-up - for what its worth still hope they win at the weekend.

The real issue here is that the GAA disciplinary structures are a joke, Paddy Bradlet gets off with assaulting a ref, Carton gets off woth nearly decapitating Paul Curran, Noel O'Leary boxes geraghty in the gob - all get the okay and yet the Clare and Cork lads in Thurles were treated like Ireland's most waanted over some pushing and shoving particularly Sean Og. Needs sorted out but won't be until a principled stand is taken by some of the counties and the constant merry go round of appeals and counter appeals is ended.

bottlethrower7

yep, it serves the GAA right that they're coming out if this looking like complete incompetent chumps. There is no consistency in how various cases are dealt with. That'd be grand if they were applying common sense in some cases (like that of Sean Og), but they're not. After how badly they treated the Cork and Clare lads, and how they chose to ignore worse incidents in the meantime (such as punch-ups in the Dublin-Meath game), its good that they're being showed up the way they are.

Nicky Brennan has a big mess on his hands to sort out, and in a way I feel for him cos he personally has done little to deserve it. However, he is the head of the organisation, and it was elements within that organisation on a power-trip that have caused the mess they're in now. I'm disgusted that Carton will line out for Dublin on sunday. Absolutely disgusted. They will lose a lot of respect from the neutral, but in a way the whole saga has its uses - ie: how its making the GAA look in the face of it all.

GalwayBayBoy

Just seen the Carton pull for the first time there. 1 min 13 sec in. Absolutely disgraceful. Even worse that anyone would appeal it.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QqIXgTsYirM

tayto

Model Hammer

Thanks GBB. Throughout this sorry saga, I never actually saw the strike until now.

Our organisation is a joke. The Noel O'Leary and Peadar Carton affairs at this stage of the summer combine to form a really fitting epilogue to a year where the lip service was amplified to an almost deafening scale, and yet the (in)action once again was nothing short of disgraceful ....

The GAA through the DRA have a few hours left to try and somehow rescue some dignity for the year. I won't be betting on it.

DUBSFORSAM1

I have to admit i am terribly disappointed with the Dublin County Board for appealing....I don't think we should be lowering ourselves to the level of other counties who get players off on technicalities when they are guilty....

Guillem2

I saw the stroke on television. He can have no complaints and should just take the suspension. If you do the crime serve the time.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

ormondeboy

Quote from: tayto on September 07, 2007, 12:46:09 PM
trial by youtube.

Are you saying the stroke doesn't merit suspension? Is the lads identity in doubt?

Come on Galway.

the procastenator

apparently carton was out on the lash last nite, tearin th place up

orangeman

dodo

He's playing alright, playing puck in the second half in an off the ball schemozzle with a Galway lad. This lead to a brief all in where Joe Canning took a dive holding his face where he was hit lower down. You would of thought that Carton would be keeping himself clear of this stuff after all the publicity leading on from his incident with Paul Curran.

orangeman

What was all the fuss about Carton today ? Match over after 10 mins - hardly worth the bother.

orangeman

How did he manage to get reinstated - I thought the GAA were going to go to town on this one ?

Bord na Mona man

Justice was partially restored by the result at least.