if you could go for a pint with 4 sportstars who would they be ?

Started by the Deel Rover, August 31, 2007, 11:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: dubinhell on August 31, 2007, 12:05:05 PM
Jimmy Keavney, Eddie Jordan, Joe Namath and Anna Kournikova  ;)

Did have a few pints with Eddie Jordan the night before the race in Indianapolis, 2000 i believe.
Himself, the Mrs and a couple of his engineers.
I was traveling with a man who grew up and ran around with him when they were young lads,
that's how it came to be.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Good o'l craic and fierce down to earth altogether, it was a noisy whore of a restaurant/bar type place
and i didn't catch some of what he was saying but when we left i had a good chat with him outside,
signed autographs, stood for photo's the whole nine yards, he told us that he would try to get us all
into the pits the following morning but only his buddy ended up getting in to hang out with them all :'(.
He left us that night after midnight and was actually well on but then watching the high lites the next evening,
there he was sitting with the head phones on him during the race looking as professional as ever, not a bother on him.
Great weekend altogether, would highly recommend it.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: hardstation on September 01, 2007, 03:36:28 AM
QuoteGreat weekend altogether, would highly recommend it.
Which weekend? Any weekend that you meet Eddie Jordan?
BTW, I never knew that Jordan (Katie Price) got her name from him. That is, until he was on Gerry Kelly's new program.

The Race itself.
  - Walter Lippmann

thefamineisover

Instead of having 1 pint with 4 sportstars Id much prefer 4 pints with 1 sportstar.