Nite/weekend away???

Started by Candyman, August 29, 2007, 11:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Me and a group of lads are planning a nite/weekend away somewhere soon. There'll possibly be 25/30 of us but havent a clue where to go, any ideas???
Over the water is a possible option but the south of Ireland may just be a better one...
anyone from Kilkenny or somewhere with a bit of nightlife recommend anywhere to go/stay..... ::)

Loughers

Ennis is good craic, Killarney is lovely but a long drive.  Westport is good.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Letterkenny, Carlow town or Glasgow.
Tbc....

Long time dead

Glasgow is a shit hole Kilkenny is very good.

Candyman

Glasgow doesn't really appeal to me, although 25 hooligans like us would probably feel rite at home... :D
is there anywhere that we could do something like paintballing during the day???
have heard carlow mentioned before alrite...

Deal_Me_In

Took the brothers stag to Kilkenny last year, good spot to go out in, good crowd about but the bouncers don't like big crowds of fellas so had to go to the club (can't remember the name) in drips and drabs which was a pain. Went go-karting about 5 mile outside the town, good track and very enjoyable. Stayed in the hotel for about E120 for 2 nights B&b and 1 evening meal. Some weekends craic.

Tony Baloney

Bouncers not letting 25 fellas into a pub/club as a group isn't peculiar to Kilkenny! You're better going in groups of 4 or 5. We were on a stag before in Edinburgh and 4 of us went on ahead up to the door and left another 2 groups of 4 straggling behind. We  got to the door and the bouncer says "Just the four of you lads?". My mate says "No there's another 8 coming behind us"...  ::) Twat!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Monaghan town good for a night out - probably bit close to home though.
Would recommend Carlow.
Sligo not bad for a night out, but just take the safe bet and go to Galway, never fails.
Tbc....

Abble

don't go near sligo candyman....great town and all for a nite out but when them bouncers hear the northern accent that's it bye bye. plus they'll radio through to every other doorman in the town yis are about.

you know yourself liverpool and newcastle are the spots to go to with a group of lads, but as for down south ? apart from kilkenny, galway mightn't be the worst option...barring that granard

southdown

Been to both Liverpool and Newcastle and they are both quality, highly recommended.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Candyman

Been to both Newcastle and Liverpool, 2 top spots alrite, Edinburgh is also good but the problem being there are just 2 many people from my native county in those locations.... too many tales to be told!!!  ;)

Goats Do Shave

Stick to what ye know best...the shambles!  ;)

Leterkenny is good & I'll second Ennis!

Candyman

ye know we cant stay in the metropolis of armagh.... too many clients like urself about!!!  ;)