Mike Frank Russell

Started by catchandkick, August 29, 2007, 10:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchandkick

Found it strange that Mike Frank was never introduced the last day and wasnt even warming up at any stage. Feel sorry for him, he's been unlucky to be dropped for a few high profile games over the last couple of years. Wouldn't have dropped him for the last days game but as it turned out Sheehan did well, would hope he will get a run in the final.

mannix

Only 15 allowed on at one time and if he is not going well in training?Manager may not be keen also, its been known to happen.

bcarrier

I wouldnt say Mike is unlucky. Now in line for his fifth All ireland.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: bcarrier on August 29, 2007, 10:44:04 AM
I wouldnt say Mike is unlucky. Now in line for his fifth All ireland.

yes and he has won every possible medal in the game . i think he had them all won by the time he was 19,
school,minor,under 21, senior, club and all star, some record
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

thebandit

He didn't impress at all against Monaghan, but as they say form is temporary.....

Uladh

Loss of form isn't always temporary

turk

Did Russell definitely win all-ireland club medal?

I'm not sure if he actually did play when they won it

the Deel Rover

Quote from: turk on August 29, 2007, 12:02:30 PM

i thought he did turk but i could be wrong. The kerry lads will have to let us know 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 29, 2007, 12:11:53 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 29, 2007, 12:05:40 PM
Quote from: turk on August 29, 2007, 12:02:30 PM

i thought he did turk but i could be wrong. The kerry lads will have to let us know 

I am currently reading Jack O`Connors book, Keys to The Kingdom and it clearly states that he has a club All Ireland, but doesnt say weather or not he played. I would presume that a player of his calibre would have played, it would be a hell of a club team that could do without Mike Frank.
I think his problem these days may be ambition, what more does he have to achieve in the game?

Is the book any good 5ivetimes?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Fear ón Srath Bán

Laune Rangers won the All-Ireland club in 1995-1996, and it would surely have been only because of an injury if he didn't play in that campaign.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 29, 2007, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 29, 2007, 12:13:42 PM
Is the book any good 5ivetimes?

I am really enjoying it. Great insight into what O`Connor went through, though I feel he is a bit of a pessimist at times. It should be a read for all aspiring managers though, just to see how they turned things around after 2005. Good insight into some of the players, especially the Gooch.

I'd like to buy the book but it would bring back too many painfull memories ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

catchandkick

Yep Laune Rangers beat Eire Og of Carlow in 96 he was on that team, won a schools All Ireland the same year they beat Pats Maghera in the final. Won a minor as a sub in 94 , beat Galway in final. Won under 21 in 97 v Cavan and may have won another in 98 not certain about that tho, lost to Westmeath in 99 in u21 final but I think he was overage.

Homer

Quote from: catchandkick on August 29, 2007, 12:24:23 PM
Yep Laune Rangers beat Eire Og of Carlow in 96 he was on that team, won a schools All Ireland the same year they beat Pats Maghera in the final. Won a minor as a sub in 94 , beat Galway in final. Won under 21 in 97 v Cavan and may have won another in 98 not certain about that tho, lost to Westmeath in 99 in u21 final but I think he was overage.

That was 1996.............

...... The Bastard.  :'(

turk

that's good enough for me.

orangeman

Was he one of the boys with the Peepers by any chance ?