la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2010, 08:11:47 AM
After Barca's display last night, it should be an even better game on Saturday between Madrid and Barca. It will be billed as Ronaldo v Messi but there are too many good players on show that can dictate the game. With Barca improving from last year, alot of credit has to go to Madrid who have stuck with them all year after last years shambles.  Madrid were unlucky not to get a result in the earlier El Classico so wouldn't be suprised if they got a result in this one. Hoping for a goal fest.

has Madrid improvement not got anything to do with the signings of Ronaldo, kaka Alonso among others?

i know barca lost 5 league games last season but Guardiola said himself he'll never see a season like last again
where they won Spanish Supercup, Spanish Cup, Spanish League, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup & champions league all in 2009

also have to question the quality of the other Spanish teams 3rd place Valencia are 21 points behind Barca & madrid

Sevilla knocked out by CSKA Moscow in 2nd round champs league

Anderlecht hammered Athletic Bilbao in the 1st round knock out in the Europa & Valencia/Atlético Madrid are likey to be knocked out by Liverpool

But El Classico should be a good one
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

ross4life, aside from all the other bull you posted, how do you figure that Liverpool would knock out either of those 2 teams? Also, Barcelona and Madrid are so far ahead of everyone else because both have been in unstoppable form, Barcelona have demonstrated in Europe this season how far they are ahead of every other European team, not just Spanish, justifying their joint leadership at the top of la liga. I would be fairly confident that if either of them played in the Premiership they would walk it as well.

ross4life

Quote from: paco on April 07, 2010, 03:10:41 PM
ross4life, aside from all the other bull you posted, how do you figure that Liverpool would knock out either of those 2 teams? Also, Barcelona and Madrid are so far ahead of everyone else because both have been in unstoppable form, Barcelona have demonstrated in Europe this season how far they are ahead of every other European team, not just Spanish, justifying their joint leadership at the top of la liga. I would be fairly confident that if either of them played in the Premiership they would walk it as well.

well if liverpool get over Benfica you make be shocked as i expect them to knock out Valencia/Atlético Madrid

Barcelona just beat Arsenal 4-1, a high score, but nothing different from the pastings united and Chelsea gave them in their own backyard for the last 2 seasons. The semifinal game united played against them last season at the Emirates was a brilliant team performance all around. Chelsea schooled them this season, and uniteds league game there was a repeat of the Champions League game last season. Yet I do not recall such a level of accolade from the general football community, like the one Barcelona are getting right now. Even when united got the double in 2008, the summer was overshadowed by the Ronaldo saga, and the press only carried a few "Is this the best Ferguson side?" articles, the rest of the media being filled with "I Stay" stories.

Barcelona play wonderful football, and I love to watch them. Given Arsenal's form against the big sides, anything else but a big win would be a disappointment.

IMO inter/jose will fancy their chances to cause a upset just like lyon caused a upset by knocking out Madrid
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Valencia and Atlético can be very inconsistent, but both tend to put in a good performance against the big teams and I would fancy either over 2 legs.

Barca dominated both legs, maybe a 30 minute spell in the first leg and Barcelona's nervy start to the game last night aside Arsenal barely created a chance. Completely outplayed.

I dont't think Jose will fancy his chances, Barca completely outplayed them in the Nou Camp in the group stages and, I know Inter have improved since then, but I think it's fair to say Barcelona have as well? Messi is on fire at the minute and I think he would fancy his chances against the likes of Lucio and Samuel who are much more suited to playing against the likes of Drogba, etc, and will do well to contain him and Ibrahimovic over the 2 legs.

Re your comment about the lack of journalism United recieved, it's Messi that has got all the headlines today, not the team itself.

ross4life

Lucio (Brazil's centre back) and Samuel (Argentinas centre back) know all about messi but i just noticed Lucio is out of the first leg after picking up a yellow so that's a huge boost to barca

& of course Barca Dominated both legs just like united did in the semi last year

paco

Ross, obviously they know all about him, but there is a difference in knowing all about Messi and knowing how to stop him. Likewise Eto'o and Barcelona. Puyol and Pique have played with him for a long time and will know what he's all about, but it will be interesting to see how they handle his pace, as I've no doubt he's going to cause them problems.

The Real Laoislad

Another masterclass from Barca tonight, their  second goal was class
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Barca slipped up tonight.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sammymaguire

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2010, 09:24:31 PM
Barca slipped up tonight.

derby games always tricky on a champions league semi-final week  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

13aside

slightly different line here sammy but a yarn going round is that the bookies were diving for cover yesterday at the match involving the lurgan blues-any thoughts?

orangeman

Quote from: 13aside on April 18, 2010, 02:45:05 PM
slightly different line here sammy but a yarn going round is that the bookies were diving for cover yesterday at the match involving the lurgan blues-any thoughts?

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6194.1905

£30,000 matched on Betfair yesterday - bookies caught AGAIN !!!!!!!!!   ;)

sammymaguire

Quote from: orangeman on April 18, 2010, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: 13aside on April 18, 2010, 02:45:05 PM

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6194.1905

£30,000 matched on Betfair yesterday - bookies caught AGAIN !!!!!!!!!   ;)

missed this one but NICE!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

Sevilla 0 Barcelona 3

R Madrid 1 Athletic Bilbao 1

If it stays like this, with 30 mins to go, Barcelona will be champions. Real Madrid have had a great season though, scoring 97 league goals as of tonight and I am sure they will be well satisfied...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Well satisfied spending millions & winning nothing are you Sure Minder? Madrid sack managers if they don't win the league! winning the Champions league doesn't even save them