la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossie11

When Torres left la Liga he was 4th best striker in the league behind Villla Eto'o and Raul.
He destroys the premiership defences and is suddenly declared the best striker in the world!!

Vice versa Owen and Forlan looked washed up in the PL and bagged a hat full over there.
Some players are suited to one or the other as the 2 leagues are like chalk and cheese.
The PL is more robust with strength replacing skill.
The one thing which stands out between the lesser teams in both leagues is that the lower teams in la Liga keep the ball better than the likes of Bolton Burnley Hull etc.

When teams are giving the ball away easily more chances will come and more goals will be scored v the lesser teams
Messi in the PL would be similar to the season Ronaldo has last year. The slow cumbersome defenders wouldnt be able get near him (think Mc Shane). He would get 20 goals for a crap PL team let alone a top one..
He was brilliant V the Utd back 4 in champs league final whilst the seriously unrated Pique kept Rooney quite. Thats really the only benchmark of the 2 on the same pitch for now.

Dont get me wrong I would love to see Rooney at Barca. No doubt he would get goals but for me Messi is on a different level to anyone at the moment.

paco

In fairness, Rooney would probably score more with those 2 playing behind him, but Messi would still be banging them in at this rate if it was a GAAboard select he was playing on. He single-handedly beat Valencia, Stuttgart and Real Zaragoza on his own over the past week or so.

gallsman

Quote from: new devil on March 23, 2010, 01:50:32 AM
Archie now you are talking througt your hole..Off coarse it matters how hard/easy the league is.
I'am not taking anything away from him he is unreal....the question i'am asking is would he do the same in the premiership like a certain Mr Rooney has been doing all year??

Yes.

25 goals from 24 appearances, three of them as a sub. Doesn't usually hit penalties. How many penalties has Rooney scored this season.

Rooney is playing phenomenally, but Messi really is on a different planet.

All this talk of TV money really doesn't answer the question about the difficulty of La Liga compared to the Premiership. The top teams could beat each other, the middling teams could beat each other and the bottom teams could beat each other.

Rossie11

Odds for a 3rd successive hat trick in the league??
10/1..
Bookies crapping themselves.. Odds usually 33s

Archie Mitchell

Messi's shooting accuracy in League and CL is 69.6%. Rooney's is 46.5%

Puckoon

I cant believe its even a discussion. Its like comparing apples and sheep.

Main Street

It is comparing an apple to a sheep.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Quote from: Gold on March 23, 2010, 10:58:53 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 22, 2010, 06:07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt1kVe49tP8&feature=related

My god

Spanish media (even Marca and AS) are creaming themselves over him at the minute. A lot of them comparing the second goal to Ronaldo's famous one against Compostela.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC57WLJYmUE

nrico2006

Rooney has only scored 4 penalties this season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Messi didn't score tonight.

What a tube.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

Minder

Madrid 4-1 up away to Getafe and they haven't even played an hour. Two for Ronaldo and two for Higuain.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

Quote from: Minder on March 25, 2010, 08:16:08 PM
Madrid 4-1 up away to Getafe and they haven't even played an hour. Two for Ronaldo and two for Higuain.

4-0 up after 25 mins...and here was me afraid to do them -1  :-\