la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Atletico Madrid in talks with Marco Reus, After the signings of Mandzukic and Griezmann they look to have a better squad then last season,  despite the losses of Costa etc.

Walter Cronc

Dortmund desperate for him to go this year I assume to prevent him going to Bayern for free?

Surely the big boys in the Premiership would throw silly money at Dortmund. Be ideal for United/Liverpool.

GJL

I'm watching Barca v Sevillia. Suarez is flying for Barca. How Liverpool wish he never left. Some player.

rodney trotter

Messi now the all time leading scorer in La Liga and then made it a hat trick for 253, class.

Rossie11

Anyone been following the Messi/Enrique fall out?
Barcelona the club are mess at the moment. Transfer ban is place, Zubizaretta and Puyol gone. Last 2 presidents have been clowns and now Enrique has fallen out with their main man.

He gave Messi and Neymar extra time off for the Xmas hols and then dropped them for the Sociedad game which they duly lost.

Real possibility that Messi will go in the summer. With the stadium rebuild and a massive debt to fund the board could cash in.
Enrique isn't up to the job and could be gone as soon as next week if they dont beat Atletico Sunday.

They have fallen some distance since the days of LaPorta and Pep

Applesisapples

I would seriously doubt Messi will leave Barca. Enrique has been a huge disappointment this season. He doesn't seem to know what his best defensive setup is and Suarez, Neymar and Messi starting doesn't work. His treatment of the likes of Montoya, Xavi and Pedro all fan favorites has also been abysmal. Any coach going to Barca who doesn't woo Messi is doomed. I think Enrique is one defeat away from the door. If he doesn't settle things with Messi he'll be the one in the Premier league.

gallsman

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2015, 09:41:44 AM
I would seriously doubt Messi will leave Barca. Enrique has been a huge disappointment this season. He doesn't seem to know what his best defensive setup is and Suarez, Neymar and Messi starting doesn't work. His treatment of the likes of Montoya, Xavi and Pedro all fan favorites has also been abysmal. Any coach going to Barca who doesn't woo Messi is doomed. I think Enrique is one defeat away from the door. If he doesn't settle things with Messi he'll be the one in the Premier league.

Current board led by Bartomeu is doomed. Laporta will be back in with a landslide victory in the next ejections. Enrique's management career to date hasn't been spectacular and he was appointed as a "Barca man" to placate players and fans. Zubizareta is the scapegoat for the transfer ban but Puyol leaving the club is the real signifier of the turmoil going on.

While I don't expect it to happen, if they're not careful, they could lose Messi to a team like PSG.

Billys Boots

Saw Real's last two games and they've been crackers - lost 2-0 to Atleti last night in the cup and 2-1 to Valencia on Sunday.  Basically bullied out of it twice - doesn't bode well for them, showed a real (geddit??) lack of smarts. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

2 for Torres in the Copa del Rey Madrid derby???  Sign this lad up, he must be some striker!

gallsman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 15, 2015, 08:19:56 PM
2 for Torres in the Copa del Rey Madrid derby???  Sign this lad up, he must be some striker!

First was a cracking finish 49 seconds into the match. Second was after 36 seconds of the second half!

Billys Boots

I see Aspas can't stop scoring recently either - he'd be a dead cert, surely.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 16, 2015, 08:47:51 AM

I see Aspas can't stop scoring recently either - he'd be a dead cert, surely.  :P

Can't wait to get him back!!!! :P

beer baron

It's not La Liga but Copa Del Rey quarter final between Atletico and Barcelona is 2-1 with half an hour gone in SkySports,some game. And Torres got the 1st after less than a minute,some boyo  ;D

heganboy

3-2 at half time, great football this week, we're spoiled
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Serious match. Torres looking like a man with confidence again. Three goals against Real and Barca in less than a fortnight! Neymar's composure for the second goal was fantastic.