la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

The "controversy" over the venue for the Copa final has been put to bed by... Bruce Springsteen. Barca and Sevilla both wanted the Bernabeu for it, which will be on either 21st or 22nd of May but now that Springsteen has been confirmed for the 21st, they'll have to go somewhere else, most likely the Calderon.

Rossie11

Springsteen getting his biggest pay cheque of the tour for this one no doubt...

ONeill

Quote from: gallsman on February 14, 2016, 09:42:33 PM
Henry tried to drag it if I recall but never actually touched the ball and it should have been disallowed.

Messi's assist for the second goal was out of this world. Neymar's assist for the third was even better. Neymar even threw in an absolutely magical rainbow flick.

Pires actually did touch it. Henry could have whacked it in. He was expecting a firmer touch though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Barca miss another penalty, this time from Suarez. They've missed half their penalties this season. You'd have to really dig deep to find anything wrong with what they did the other day.

Fuzzman

Going to Madrid derby this coming weekend with a group of lads but have been on the RM website all morning trying to buy tickets with no joy. They are coming on sale in ones and twos but as soon as you choose them they are gone again.
Has anyone just got tickets at the ground?

Fuzzman

For anyone else trying to buy tickets from the RM website I just kept trying at different times during the day and eventually we got 4 tickets although all individual seats not beside each other. Got mine for €70 which isn't bad for such a big game although I'm far back behind the goals

yellowcard

It will be interesting to see how Neville's career pans out from here. His credibility as a pundit could be damaged as a result of this, I wonder will he get back into management. If he doesn't he will always be seen as a failed manager.

From the Bunker

There is always Salford City FC!

gawa316

Phil will be lonely in the bunk beds tonight

brokencrossbar1

Sacked or left to replace Remi Garde? :P

From the Bunker

In fairness i was disappointed when he got the Valencia gig.  I loved the fly on the wall stuff with Salford city FC and he was the star of the show. Of the class of '92 crowd he seems to be the one with the most substance and passion.  Who would have thought?

gawa316

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 30, 2016, 07:25:43 PM
In fairness i was disappointed when he got the Valencia gig.  I loved the fly on the wall stuff with Salford city FC and he was the star of the show. Of the class of '92 crowd he seems to be the one with the most substance and passion.  Who would have thought?

TBF it's not hard when you talking about Butt, Phil and Scholes...hardly Mr Personalities

JimStynes

He seemed like a decent spud on that documentary. Stupid move by him to go to Spain and it didn't work out but had the balls to go for it. It was always going to be a tough gig!

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on March 30, 2016, 08:36:52 PM
He seemed like a decent spud on that documentary. Stupid move by him to go to Spain and it didn't work out but had the balls to go for it. It was always going to be a tough gig!
I'd say it had nothing to do with having the balls and all to do with the size of his ego and believing his own hype.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on March 30, 2016, 09:06:10 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 30, 2016, 08:36:52 PM
I'd say it had nothing to do with having the balls and all to do with the size of his ego and believing his own hype.

What kind of shite is that???

He clearly wants to be a manager, a big job was offered to him relatively early in his career. Who in their right mind would have turned it down... Best of luck to him, he'll hopefully have learned from it...