la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Still dive too much in my opinion..I'll never warm to them as long as they keep at this craic...

http://youtu.be/pWe_lwegpHk

And look at the top comment..

I was watching a match between leverkusen and barcelona.

in the match Busquets get tackled and his rolling on the ground taking himself to the head.

one of the 2 commentators then said very seriously: "Its look like he's been badly hurt"

the other one replied: "nah, dont forget its busquets"

the first one replies: "haha I know, I was kidding!"

MikeMallorca2010 1 day ago

ballinaman

He gets better....

ONeill

Looks are though he missed it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Messi has just broken Barcelona's all time goalscoring record.

ONeill

He's alright. Another 3.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on March 20, 2012, 09:44:27 PM
He's alright. Another 3.
Nosed ahead of Mugsy tonight¿

ONeill

Time for Mugsy to up his game if he wants the Barn D'oor.

nrico2006

Realistically looking at someone getting over 60 goals in a season in a top league.  People make a big deal out of players playing too many games and when a player plays 50 odd games it is seen as a great achievement.  But to score over 60 would surely be up there with the greatest season performance by any footballer.  I was thinking the other day what will Messi be like when he hits 28-33, will he lose alot of his effectiveness as he loses speed or will he keep going the duration of his career? 

A few years back it was a big achievement to get in the 30's for a season in any of Europes top leagues, I remember Ronaldo having a great record in his first two seasons at Inter at a time when it was notoriously defensive and the top scorers rarely broke twenty goals.  But his goal scoring records are now being completely overshadowed by Messi and even the other Ronaldo, who for all his faults is scoring at an unbelievable rate also.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossie11

2 more pts dropped by madrid tonight.
Lead back to 6 and Madrid still must go to Nou Camp
Huge swing in momentum the past week.

Gold

Quote from: Rossie11 on March 21, 2012, 11:02:21 PM

The Royals are losing it!!!!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ross4life

Quote from: Rossie11 on March 21, 2012, 11:02:21 PM
Certainly makes the title race more interesting now.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Great win for Bilbao in Germany tonight (4-2). Can't win a game in Spain but great to watch in this competition.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ONeill on March 29, 2012, 09:55:36 PM
Great win for Bilbao in Germany tonight (4-2). Can't win a game in Spain but great to watch in this competition.

Aye, you just beat me to it. Even though it was United they bossed in the last round I have to say they're a joy to watch. Can't really understand why they're not higher in La Liga - inconsistency of youth perhaps. Always admired them for sticking to their principles and not signing non Basques. Incredibly have never been relegated from the top division in Spain I think.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 29, 2012, 09:58:58 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 29, 2012, 09:55:36 PM

Aye, you just beat me to it. Even though it was United they bossed in the last round I have to say they're a joy to watch. Can't really understand why they're not higher in La Liga - inconsistency of youth perhaps. Always admired them for sticking to their principles and not signing non Basques. Incredibly have never been relegated from the top division in Spain I think.

Thought this had ended recently, but wiki tells me merely 'relaxed' - they now also recruit players of direct Basque ancestry as well as purebreds
Hasta la victoria siempre