Getting a new passport?

Started by balladmaker, August 28, 2007, 09:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: muppet on January 12, 2012, 04:41:49 PM
Quote from: Canalman on January 12, 2012, 04:38:42 PM
Forgot to say

d Make sure both parents and baby are there. Bring both your own passports with you together with things like utility bills with your adress on it.

e To be sure to be sure.............bring your placenta and wrap it in your county colours.

f make sure you read the time of the original post referring to getting a child a passport as it may be over 4 years ago!!!!

Orior

Do Post Offices in Belfast have Irish Passport forms?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DickyRock

they should do. the main one in town does as i lifted my form there. there's a list of post offices that do passport express on the passport website. any listed there should also have the forms.

playwiththewind1st

Harold Disgracey

The one in Bedford Street has them.

Orior

I wonder should I try the post office on the Cregagh Road in East Belfast?

Hmmm... maybe not.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2012, 12:09:04 PM

Hmmm... maybe not.

All we can do is provide the list - personal safety is another matter entirely!
There are a few post offices on there, where you could potentially order an Irish passport & get seriously damaged, all at the same time. Saves queuing up twice. Maybe they should have put in another column - your nearest A&E department is.......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on February 02, 2012, 07:43:27 PM

Hmmm... maybe not.

There are a few post offices on there, where you could potentially order an Irish passport & get seriously damaged, all at the same time. Saves queuing up twice. Maybe they should have put in another column - your nearest A&E department is.......

One of my students was telling me that his brother (ex serving Brit in Iraq) has an Irish Passport!! His family are not talking to him!! Though I think that's down to him marrying a Catholic from Cavan. Don't know which is worse  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2012, 08:56:00 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on February 02, 2012, 07:43:27 PM

Hmmm... maybe not.

One of my students was telling me that his brother (ex serving Brit in Iraq) has an Irish Passport!! His family are not talking to him!! Though I think that's down to him marrying a Catholic from Cavan. Don't know which is worse  :D

Definitely the Cavan bit.

Radda bout yeee

If your up north do you still need to go to a garda station and get your passport photos stamped and signed? or what do you do?

Rois

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on February 03, 2012, 09:55:16 AM
If your up north do you still need to go to a garda station and get your passport photos stamped and signed? or what do you do?
Just come and ask me to sign the photos!  Have done countless passport apps. 

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Rois on February 03, 2012, 10:50:06 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on February 03, 2012, 09:55:16 AM
Just come and ask me to sign the photos!  Have done countless passport apps.
Have I the wrong from or am I reading it wrong? It appears that I need a garda to do it. I have signed irish passport photos too  but i'm all confused at this stage!  :-\

Rois

You can get an accountant, priest, doctor etc to sign.
My sis (doctor) signed one this week.

EDIT: You prob have the wrong form, the form for people outside the state lists the people who can sign.

muppet

Quote from: Rois on February 03, 2012, 10:53:34 AM

EDIT: You prob have the wrong form, the form for people outside the state lists the people who can sign.

Is this for real? We need a Gárda while outside the State a citizen can ask a Gillian McKeith or a David Icke?
MWWSI 2017

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Rois on February 03, 2012, 10:53:34 AM

I think your right - I got the other half to get the form in Ballyshannon. I take it they dole them out in most major post offices around here?