Anti Dubs feeling on the board

Started by his holiness nb, August 27, 2007, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Is this the same Vinny that had to run into someone as he came onto the field. Poor wee pet.

orangeman

Did John Bannon penalise Dublin y'day for it ? And Nicky Brennan assures us that there is a rule so that it can be enforced ? No -
what he did instead was book Declan O'Sullivan instead of Bryan Cullen for being goaded by Cullen ?

Bad day at the office for Bannon sadly.

Declan

QuoteIs this the same Vinny that had to run into someone as he came onto the field. Poor wee pet

Vinnie never ran into anybody - he just couldn't go round them!!!

screenexile

Quote from: Declan on August 27, 2007, 02:46:26 PM
QuoteIs this the same Vinny that had to run into someone as he came onto the field. Poor wee pet

Vinnie never ran into anybody - he just couldn't go round them!!!

And the cycle continues...

his holiness nb

Quote from: screenexile on August 27, 2007, 02:34:12 PM
I CONDEMN WHOEVER SAID THAT PILLAR CONDONED A WOMAN BEING HIT ON THE HEAD BY A DUBLIN PLAYER!

Happy now hhhnb??

No, next I want you to say Dublin are great  ;)

You get my point though, we give you plenty to talk about anyway without making stuff up.
I see Orangeman has avoided explaining his statement so far  ::)

Ask me holy bollix

blast05

Quotethe thing with the nurtritionist is bullshit, that was an accident.

The statement that Caffrey condonded the kicking of a ball into the nutritionist is obviously bullshit BUT,
that particular incident arose from a player from yesterdays Dublin forward line delivering a firm drop kick during the warm up in the direction of the Mayo management. It was no mis-kick and while i am sure there was no intention to injure a female nutrionist, that was the outcome. In any case, i think we were lucky enough that that was the worst thing that happened in that warm up !!

screenexile

Yeah I think you're over reacting there hhnb. That statement was obviously from a WUM and not someone who wishes to engage in a serious debate about it. Actions of the few tarring the many. As you've quite rightly pointed out, you do enough stuff that can be proven for us to have a proper go so we will continue to do that until you stop doing it... or heaven forbid ye might win an AI and you;'ll just be able to laugh at us anyway!

orangeman

Lighten up lads and admit it - you would have won an AI now without the negativity and all these incidents with Mayo management etc etc - why do it ? Better still why continue to do it ?

orangeman

And by the way Holiness - Dublin are GREAT !

screenexile

Sorry orangeman... I can't see any way that the Dubs would have won an AI in the past few years... they're close but they haven't got that bit extra required to push them over the line. Heck they nearly threw away their last All Ireland victory against Tyrone only for the fact that Tyrone were one of the poorest teams around in 1995 and had one outstanding player.

orangeman

Screen - why I say that is because Dublin drw with Tyrone in the AI semi final in 2005 and I thought that it was an awesome display by both teams - Tyrone were at the top of their game at that time and Dublin matched them all over the field. Tyrone went on to win the AI - It could have been Dublin's year -

Bensars

i agree exile.  It was a good game but dublin were not great.

The line was slow in making changes ( RTE actually panned to the management quartet at one stage and it was like, right whos got any ideas)
Large periods of the game they were totally dominated by Kerry
When they had a period of dominance they hadnt the ruthless ( in football terms not the verbals) finishing

next year will be a 25 year anniversay of dublin beating galway in the all ireland. Since then they have win one AL. ( very badly phrased first time)

but in all seriousness to go that long without having a presence at the top table  is a much bigger problem tahn the persecution complx of anti dub feeling

Shamrock Shore

Bensars

Did the Dubs not lose in 92 to Donegal and 94 to Down?

highorlow

QuoteQuote
A couple of comments:
I'd love to warm to the Dubs but just can't seem to.
This shite of standing in front of the Hill (btw, i thought there was supposed to be a flick for ends for the warm up following last year semi - did Meath lose it twice or what ?) turns me off.
The level of booing for opposition frees turns me off and generally by the second half the other teams fans resort to the same level.
The fans that arrive late - like the 2 lads that arrived today after 20 minutes and were completely tanked and sat in front of me and turned giving the fingers and extreme verbals to the Meath folk around me on every Dublin score - turns me off.
The abuse of the "Maor Uisce" by having backroom staff fulfilling the role running on with instructions - effectively Dublin had 2 or 3 runners today - what is the rule on this ? Should Dublin county board not be banned for this ?
Pillar having the young fella beside him on the sideline near fulltime in most matches - doesn't bug me as such but it would annoy me if i was a Dub. Should the county board not be fined for this ?

I've gone in with an open mind to the last 2 games just looking to be entertained and not taking sides but ended up almost hoping Meath would beat them .. and by jaysus that takes extremes.
Anyway, have a sneaking suspicion Offaly will be much more troublesome next week than what is expected. Dublin might not be able to raise themselves to the levels required again so soon in a game they will be red hot favourites for .....

This is the usual at matchs these days and its unfair to pin it on the Dubs alone. The GAA fans have become noticably more agressive over the last few seasons in general. Its only a small few.

My opinion on this is that its stemming from the players. Did you see Keaney yesterday going physco at the Meath back when he scored. This carry on started last year with Donaghy against Armagh. Its childish and has no place in the game. Eoin Kelly also did it yesterday to the Cork fans after his goal. I think i read somewhere that some of the Tyrone lads were at it.

The only honorable player yesterday on view was Mark Vaughan - he got on with the job without any bullshit. He didn't even bother collecting his MOM award last night. Teams need more like him.

Let it sit lads, this is (goading) going on for the last 2/3 years. The Dubs didn't start it - Last year in fact Donaghy and the Armagh goalie were having a goad at each other. The losing team looks foolish at the end of the day as what matters is the scoreline.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

By the way the above quotes are from the 18th June last  ;)
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go