Rugby world cup

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 26, 2007, 11:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Was on the cards. Ireland have been under performing in this campaign. Pull your socks up lads!
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

COME ON IRELAND, 2 more tries needed for the bonus point.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

deiseach

You'd want to have a heart of stone not to find this hilarious

bcarrier

boss  :( 2 mistakes in 2 mins

Square Ball

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on September 15, 2007, 09:25:23 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 15, 2007, 09:23:21 PM
You'd want to have a heart of stone not to find this hilarious
I am quietly hoping Georgia win
What deiseach? ;)
I don't understand why they (on tv3) keep talking about bonus points and points difference, I doubt it won't matter!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

sh1t, nothing more, nothing less,

deiseach

Worth a new four year contract any day! :D

Turlough O Carolan

A second string Georgia were the better team.

I think this means if Ireland lose one game (to either France or Argentina), they are essentially out.

Shamrock Shore

George Hook has gone nuclear on Newstalk 106.

Shocking performance and I would not have been sad had Georgia had won.

we are blue... etc

We're out, gone, finished. Not a hope of beating France and Argentina. Lucky not to lose! f**king devastated by this. I would give anything to know what the f**k is going on with this team. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Ruck ball was unbelievably slow, half to do with the Georgian effort but half our own f**king fault. Kicking was horrendous. We edged out Argentina in Lansdowne a couple of years back by being patient and kicking well. Every team in this tournament knows exactly how to beat us and our only way of counteracting it is not working.

Again I would give anything to know what's going on, something's not right there. If you ask me there's a strong comparison with the Kerr era of the soccer team, players got fed up with "paralysis by analysis" or whatever. I would guess another 4 years of O'Sullivan is sticking in the craw of some players. If Munster played Georgia would the result be like tonight? Not a hope.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 15, 2007, 09:52:46 PM
George Hook has gone nuclear on Newstalk 106.

Shocking performance and I would not have been sad had Georgia had won.
Listtened to him too, would you blame him?

Some of us give out about the fact that the team doesn't play under the tricolour or the anthem. After that, would they deserve to?

From the Bunker

Crawled over the line! I Know these guys are supposed to rise to the BIG occasions, which should mean Argentina and France but at the moment this is hard to see. Being Irish and biased we can only hope this is a glitch on the road to greater things ;D

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Incredible, the better team lost :o Huge credit must go to the Georgians but if they had a bit more composure they would have won the match, how many drop goals did they float just past in the 2nd half and they were worth a try at the end too.

Ireland still won though and despite these two shocking performances they still have a great chance to progress. They will also be underdogs now which might suit them pretty well!