Rugby world cup

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 26, 2007, 11:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

The USA try scorer is obviously an NFL drop out, looks big enough to be on the O-Line. He nailed a few lads with tackles.  Also the England flyhalf was lucky not to be paralysed.

I reckin the USA rugby team would be savage if they poached some of the guys that dont make it in the NFL, they're nearly all fantastic athletes. can you imagine LaDanian Tomlinson out there, Jerome Bettis, Brian Urlacher. of course they wouldnt get paid f**k all to play it tho.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gnevin

Quote from: thejuice on September 08, 2007, 10:46:27 PM
The USA try scorer is obviously an NFL drop out, looks big enough to be on the O-Line. He nailed a few lads with tackles.  Also the England flyhalf was lucky not to be paralysed.

I reckin the USA rugby team would be savage if they poached some of the guys that dont make it in the NFL, they're nearly all fantastic athletes. can you imagine LaDanian Tomlinson out there, Jerome Bettis, Brian Urlacher. of course they wouldnt get paid f**k all to play it tho.

They need some props and second rowers , their scrum let them down big time . But saying that if their went fully pro their performance would improve 100% . The future could be bright
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

venter

With the resources the US have, you'd have to think they would prosper at any sport they take seriously. is it true that american parents try to get thier kids to concentrate on one sport so as to improve thier talent and further thier chances of a college scolarship in thier sport of choice.

As for Ireland today, I think we will score between 60 and 70 points. How is our front row going to cope with France and Argentina? Probably badly, but we should be able to threaten by getting the ball out to the backs and competing hard for lose ball.

ONeill

Is this the first World Cup (Rugby) where the Soldiers Song won't be played?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardal

tyroneboi

Latest Results:

Wales 42-17 Canada - Wales only pulled away in the last 15/20 mins and up to that point were very poor.

South Africa 59-7 Samoa - South Africa looked pretty good. Habana was awesome.

I actually fancy south africa for the world cup and have shown in the tri-nations that they can compete with and beat the all blacks.

ExiledGael

Lot of pointless matches for the next while. Must be hard for those teams getting stuffed on the world stage, total cannonfodder. The look on their faces through some of the games is hard to watch.
Anyway have to agree Habana was unbelievable, he'll be hyped up as the next Lomu if he keeps that up. Different style of player but unstoppable at times.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2007, 12:26:59 PM
Is this the first World Cup (Rugby) where the Soldiers Song won't be played?
Think it was the same last time, and maybe even in 1999 IIRC, though most people only discovered rugby existed around 2000.

Scots winning 56-10.

ONeill

Here, I'm going for Namibia, for it says in wikipedia - The dry lands of Namibia were inhabited since early times by Bushmen
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Pure class from O'Driscoll, easy for him

tyroneboi

commentators on UTV are fcukin terrible. they cant even get the names right just called brian o'driscoll john o'driscoll and denis leamy david leamy. dont know why the BBC dont just fork out for the rights to the World Cup.

ziggysego

Is it UTV or ITV that's providing the commentary for this match?
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

great try - similar to Horgans vs England at Croker earlier in the year

ExiledGael

Think we could hit the ton?? Are the Namibians even professional players?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility