Rugby world cup

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 26, 2007, 11:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Mental rumours circulating from the Irish camp, seemingly O'Gara has a done a Quinlan and has massive gambling debts as reported by L'Equipe but has either a) been bailed out by the IRFU or B) Jp McManus  :o

Also I can confirm that Murphy didn't have a head to head with O'Sullivan and was just dropped and will not be leaving the camp anytime soon...

#newbridgeornowhere

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 18, 2007, 10:45:56 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 18, 2007, 03:32:06 PM
Anyone buy EA Sports Rugby 2008? For Playstation
No but I heard it's shite laoislad.  Well, i've the 06 one and although it's not great, it's fun.  But I've to stop myself throwing the control through the tv sometimes.  The 08 is suppose to be a lot like it - the 07 one is actually coming out later this year???  Very strange.
I'd get the 06 one, should be cheap enough now.  Don't be expecting too much but you get into it.

Lads its sad to say but over 10 years on from its release Jona Lomu Rugby for the PS1 is still easily the best Rugby game ever realised.

screenexile

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 19, 2007, 09:32:42 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 18, 2007, 10:45:56 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 18, 2007, 03:32:06 PM
Anyone buy EA Sports Rugby 2008? For Playstation
No but I heard it's shite laoislad.  Well, i've the 06 one and although it's not great, it's fun.  But I've to stop myself throwing the control through the tv sometimes.  The 08 is suppose to be a lot like it - the 07 one is actually coming out later this year???  Very strange.
I'd get the 06 one, should be cheap enough now.  Don't be expecting too much but you get into it.

Lads its sad to say but over 10 years on from its release Jona Lomu Rugby for the PS1 is still easily the best Rugby game ever realised.

Totally agree! Lomu rugby was and is Awesome!

passedit

QuoteMental rumours circulating from the Irish camp, seemingly O'Gara has a done a Quinlan and has massive gambling debts as reported by L'Equipe but has either a) been bailed out by the IRFU or B) Jp McManus

Alledgedly an all in punch up as well. They'll beat France by twenty points at this rate of going.
Don't Panic

MauriceMalpas

I'm off to Paris on Friday for the game. Stay there til Sunday and we get a camper van to Munich for 2 days of Oktoberfest, after which which we head to South of France for a few nights and intend getting back to Paris for the Argies game. Originally I was nervous about qualifying but that has changed to a "nothing to lose"
attitude due to the shocking ineptitude of our 2 games to date.
O'Gara has been struggling for a while now, due to his personal life, hadnt heard about the gambling rumours.

stephenite

Quote from: MauriceMalpas on September 19, 2007, 10:49:57 AM
I'm off to Paris on Friday for the game. Stay there til Sunday and we get a camper van to Munich for 2 days of Oktoberfest, after which which we head to South of France for a few nights and intend getting back to Paris for the Argies game. Originally I was nervous about qualifying but that has changed to a "nothing to lose"
attitude due to the shocking ineptitude of our 2 games to date.
O'Gara has been struggling for a while now, due to his personal life, hadnt heard about the gambling rumours.

Sounds like a great trip Maurice - you should have some crack. Hope you enjoy it.

Is there any substance to any of these rumours of fights and gambling debts, or is it all the usual rubbish that's spread around?

bingobus

Maybe the French press heard of the BBC story where a top Irish place kicker, who has broke all scoring records in the past, has admitted to massive gambling debts that have cleared by unnamed people close to his Governing sporting body.

They read the story, the English translator was on his day off, they put 2 & 2 together and decided it had to be O'Gara and released the story. "Que est Oisin McConville???"  ;D

stephenite

Shamrock Shore

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 19, 2007, 01:08:23 PM
France centre Yannick Jauzion has been left on the bench for his side's make-or-break World Cup Pool D clash against Ireland in Paris.   

Les Bleus selectors keep faith with the midfield partnership of David Marty and Damien Traille, who started in France`s 87-10 demolition of Namibia.

Sebastien Chabal gets the nod over Lionel Nallet for the second-row berth alongside the recalled Jerome Thion.
But Thion`s regular partner Fabien Pelous has been ruled out of the game with a knee injury.

Raphael Ibanez has recovered from a throat injury to captain the side from hooker, replacing Dimitri Szarzewski.

Ibanez will pack down in the front row with the recalled Olivier Milloud and Pieter De Villiers.

In the back row, Thierry Dusautoir and Julien Bonnaire have kept their places while there is a recall for Serge Betsen, who comes in for Yannick Nyanga.

Thats quite a bit off France's best 15, so we may have a chance, a small one, but a chance none the less of pulling off an upset based on current form.

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 19, 2007, 08:36:13 AM
Also I can confirm that Murphy didn't have a head to head with O'Sullivan and was just dropped and will not be leaving the camp anytime soon...

And you believe that?
You believe that any rugby coach could think Duffy is better than Murphy?

If, God forbid, D'Arcy or O'Driscoll get injured, I'd nearly prefer to see Wallace moved into the back line than Duffy!

Dinny Breen

QuoteAnd you believe that?

Actually that's from the horses mouth.

QuoteYou believe that any rugby coach could think Duffy is better than Murphy?

Eh, where did I say that, strange comment to make  ???
#newbridgeornowhere

mackers

Good old Laporte he never lets you down! How can he play Marty and not Jauzion? Lost count how many times Marty knocked on against namibia. If he could have held on to the ball they won have broken the 100 point mark easily.
Probably score three tries against us now! :-\
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on September 19, 2007, 11:23:08 AM
Maybe the French press heard of the BBC story where a top Irish place kicker, who has broke all scoring records in the past, has admitted to massive gambling debts that have cleared by unnamed people close to his Governing sporting body.

They read the story, the English translator was on his day off, they put 2 & 2 together and decided it had to be O'Gara and released the story. "Que est Oisin McConville???"  ;D

Oisin's a better kicker than O'Gara!

An Gaeilgoir

Just got this in an Email....
Of course this is all without basis and totally unfounded,you will all probably get it tomorrow in your in-box.... ;)

From the IRFU
I haven't heard a bit about Stringer and Murphy yet but this is what I've been told so far.

The team are pissed off with O'Sullivan en masse for being too
conservative and there is dissention in the ranks about players not
being given time on the pitch. Apparently they have been for while

O'Gara & Stringer have not spoken for a few yrs

O'Driscoll is running the show out there now and insisted that Reddin be
started and should have been in the team for the past 12 months

O'Gara was caught in bed with his wifes sister and not for the first
time :o
She was taking him to the cleaners but JP McManus has stepped in to stop
it going public and is looking after her financially - no mention of
Rog's gambling debts ;D

O'Sullivan hates Geordan Murphy period and was forced to bring him