Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez EBU super bantamweight title on Tonight

Started by The Real Laoislad, August 25, 2007, 07:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I met Dunne once in Croke Park and found him to be quite a nice, down to earth fella. Personally I was disappointed he got beaten and find comments to the contrary stink of that hateful old Irish trait of begrudgery which has largely (but unfortunately not totally) been consigned to the waste bin of our self loathing past.

Jaysus - I got going there!

Louth Exile

Quote from: Declan on August 27, 2007, 03:03:06 PM
QuoteI'd have to echo the sentiments from above, it was amazing how many people I was talking to that were glad to see him get what was coming to him.

Funny that. Anyone I was talking to were disappointed that he got beaten. Maybe not surprised but definitely not glad to see it happen .
More anti Dub bias ;) 

I know you are only messin, but for the love of God, not another thread where us culchies have to be carefull about what we say  ;)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

the Deel Rover

quote of the week had to be jim rocks classic on rte when he said" you can do all the weight training you want but it won't put muscles on your chin"
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Gnevin

Quote from: Louth Exile on August 27, 2007, 03:11:11 PM
Quote from: Declan on August 27, 2007, 03:03:06 PM
QuoteI'd have to echo the sentiments from above, it was amazing how many people I was talking to that were glad to see him get what was coming to him.

Funny that. Anyone I was talking to were disappointed that he got beaten. Maybe not surprised but definitely not glad to see it happen .
More anti Dub bias ;) 

I know you are only messin, but for the love of God, not another thread where us culchies have to be carefull about what we say  ;)
You always have to be careful

No one ever expects the Spanish Dublin inquisition  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

heganboy

anyone else think that this type of beating is awaiting Duddy when he steps up to the big time? Or do I underestimate the man hugely?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hardy

Quote from: heganboy on August 28, 2007, 07:45:01 PM
anyone else think that this type of beating is awaiting Duddy when he steps up to the big time?

Yes.